42 : as it was

" AS IT WAS "

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Anxiousness has never crept up their skin so badly before.

Yunho and Wooyoung ran to the throne room where the complete Lee family were seated on their thrones. It was quite a rare occasion for all three of the Lees to be up there; it only usually happened when balls were hosted or an extremely important announcement was to be made. Upon entering, uneasiness was immediately set upon the two assassins. The faces of the royal family were unreadable yet dark, and they were wearing black (they never wore black unless something terrible has happened or someone important had lost their life). King Yul had called upon the important people who worked in the palace to the huge throne room for an emergency announcement. No one knew what it was, but anyone who was paying attention knew it couldn't be any good from the tension that filled the room.

It was only Yunho and Wooyoung from Twilight's assassination team because team leader Nam Jiseol and team member Song Mingi both have not been home for weeks. A search party was conducted, but it was absolutely no use. Everyone was devastated, but they also knew not to lose hope because it was Nam Jiseol and Song Mingi they were talking about. Yunho and Wooyoung were basically assassins turned into detectives due to the countless times they've tried searching both their rooms and places that were associated with the two missing assassins for any clue that could lead to their disappearance, but nothing was of use. Nothing looked out of place and everything was normal, things were just starting to get dusty due to being untouched by the owners for a few weeks now.

Once the grand doors of the throne room closed, King Yul stood up, a piece of paper — a letter, it looked like — in his hand. He sighed glumly, "I have called all you here to announce the news that has been delivered to me about Twilight's missing assassination team members." He glanced at the letter and let out a shaky breath. "Song Mingi has gone astray and Nam Jiseol is dead."

Oh.

That was when a part of Jeong Yunho had died as well.

His knees buckled and Wooyoung had seen this. He held the older using all the strength he's got left upon hearing what unfortunate news the king had to say.

Nam Jiseol is dead.

She is gone. Never to return.

Wooyoung pulled a chair from nearby, sitting Yunho on it. "Yunho,"

He shook his head, looking down at his shoes, refusing to believe what he had just heard. His best friend is dead and his team mate has gone missing. What the hell was he supposed to do with that information?