28 : a list of promises

" A LIST OF PROMISES "

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

San cusses as he once again messed up the speech he prepared for Jiseol. Tonight was the night he was going to give her the ring. It wasn't exactly a proposal because we all know they can't get married. He decided it would be a promise ring as an alternative; something to bind them together for as long as they both live even when the time comes they won't be able to see each other anymore.

After a few failed tries, he gave up and moved on to his journey to the bridge. Just like when he asked Jiseol out, he made an effort to present himself better than usual. After all, it was going to be a special moment for both of them and a night he will never forget.

His heartbeat picked up it's pace when Jiseol came into view. Instead of waiting for her to sit down, he took her hand and asked her to follow him only for them to end up at the same cliff they went to with the ocean beneath where they had their first kiss.

"Um why did you take me here and how the hell do you even remember the path?"

San laughed as Jiseol eyed him suspiciously.

"Uh are we going to kiss again or....."

The lad laughed even harder.

"Shhh, let me talk first." He took a deep breath after taking out the ring. "Nam Jiseol-"

"Wait, wait, wait....is this a proposal? Because if it is I need to mentally and emotionally prepare myself first."

He chuckles a little, "Jiseol, oh my goodness."

"I'm sorry! Okay, continue."

San clears his throat. "As I was saying, Nam Jiseol, this isn't exactly a proposal because I am not down on one knee and as sad as it is, we can't get married anyway even if we wanted to so I wanted to give you a promise ring as an alternative. Consider this as a sort-of-proposal because this was my mother's engagement ring with my father."

"Wait wh-"

"Jiseol, please let me finish."

"Sorry, go ahead."

"Back to what I was saying, this was my mom's. Yes, I told her about you but you don't have to worry because I filtered out the things she's not supposed to know. She's happy to hear about you and gave me this ring. We are not able to be with each other for the entirety of this lifetime however even when that time comes we cannot meet anymore, I promise that you will still be the only one in my heart and mind for eternity. And I promise to find you over and over again in my next lives.