ONE

ONE

 ❝Boneyard, Beers, and Boys.❞

─ ☆°•

─ ☆°•.¸☆¸.•°☆ ─

"Seriously, O?"

Rafe Cameron groaned in pure and utter annoyance, his eyes falling down to the shorter girl as his eyes rolled deeply into the back of his head, trying to ignore the faint smile that tugged at the corner of his lips as the brunette bounced on the balls of her feet as she trekked through the sand.

"I can't believe we're here right now." Ophelia Martin grinned softly, bright eyes glancing up at the much taller boy, who's cheeks remained flushed and his lips pursed in a thin line. "A party is a party, Rafe."

The eldest Cameron simply shook his head, setting down the cans of beer he had brought along with the pair, seating himself in the pale coloured sand as his back rested against one of the many fallen logs, Rafe leading the girl as far away from the rest of the group as possible.

"Is it really a party when were surrounded by Pogue's?" The dark haired girl bit her lip lightly, eyes roaming around the rather crowded beach front as she folded her arms over her chest, head head falling back in a sigh.

"What's it going to take for you to suck it up and pretend to enjoy the night?"

A mischievous grin spread across the boy's tanned face, his cheeks flushing pink as he smiled softly towards the girl. "Well, when you put it that way."

Ophelia without hesitation kicked off her sandals, letting her bare feet sink into the warm sand before Rafe had motioned her forwards, his fingers curling upwards as his head nodded down towards his lap.

Although beer hadn't been her first choice, Rafe had opened the first can and without hesitation passed it towards Ophelia, where she accepted the drink with a small smile, her head tilting backwards as she emptied the liquid down her throat.

Tanned legs were thrown over top of Rafe's, the boys hand placed firmly on her upper thigh as he held down the fabric blowing in the wind. Ophelia didn't seem to have a care in the world, although Rafe Cameron was well known for his protective ways with the Martin girl, and it didn't come off as a surprise when his hand held her dress down firmly.

The sun had been set and the night air was cool, a few feet away from the pair the waves crashed against the shoreline, Ophelia's eyes glued to Rafe as he finished yet another can of beer, crumbling the metal can between his slender fingers.

The lingering scent of cologne and alcohol filled Ophelia's nose, a scent she related back to Rafe as the flushed boy reached for yet another can, his eyes flickering over to Ophelia before he did so.