THREE

THREE

 ❝Knight and Shining Armour.❞

─ ☆°•

─ ☆°•.¸☆¸.•°☆ ─

"I just, I can't get it out of my head. It's on repeat."

The low voice of Topper Thorton boomed in the distance, Ophelia standing only a matter of feet away from the oncoming voices, ignoring the presence of testosterone filling the summer breeze.

Whether the brunette would ever admit to it, she hadn't been able to get it out of her head, either. In fact, she had tossed and turned all night, though careful to wake the eldest Cameron to held the girl underneath his strong hold, each move she made was carefully, with one eye open.

"Bro, he had a semi automatic pointed right at you." Kelce groaned. "Ophelia was too close to let that happen again." Rafe's response sent tingles up her spine, the light hairs on the back of her neck standing as Rafe then clenched his jaw in silent anger.

Quite chatter amongst the boys drawn out in the distance, Ophelia perched herself on one leg, placing her hand on her hip as her eyes followed her blonde haired best friend in the near distance. "Alright, guys. I'm going to get them back. I'm making it a little project of mine."

Ophelia Martin squinted from the sun as she watched as Sarah Cameron tip toed her way over a broken down boat, tugging at her bathing suit strings that wrapped tightly around the base of her neck, one that was growing beyond frustration the longer she stood around.

Behind the dark haired girl, Kelce and Topper stood in silence, watching the middle child as Rafe stood in utter silence, unphased by his sister's antics, instead his eyes peering through his dark coloured sunglasses, taking in every inch of the Martin girl's backside.

Folding her arms over her chest, Ophelia was the least but amused by her friends sudden screams, knowing the Cameron girl well enough to not let it scare her.

Instead, she bounced on her heels, covered in her signature baby blue converse, her head tilting to the side when she heard the rough clatter of heavy men tumbling forwards, her eyes falling short of the eldest Cameron.

"Not going to help the damsel in distress?" Ophelia grinned playfully, Rafe's lips curling into a faint smile as he shook his head lightly. "I did my due diligence last night." Rafe cooed. "And besides, you're the only one I save, princess."

The pair stood side by side, rather closely, green eyes falling to the cup held tightly in Rafe's hand, the girl slipping her fingers around the blue colour and tilting her head backwards. "You're officially her bitch." Rafe called towards Topper, a flushed look washing over his face.

"Please." The boy shook his head in laughter. "You can't say anything when you're Ophelia's bitch." Kelce laughed at the bicker between the two, where as Rafe stood in utter silence, taking the half empty glass back from Ophelia and draining the rest of the liquid.

"You snuck out early."

Ophelia had left the three boys bickering over absolutely nothing, slipping past her friends and assuming she was alone, though was proved otherwise when a hand caught ahold of her elbow, tugging her back slightly as she rounded towards the front of the house.

"That's the whole point of not being caught, Rafe." Ophelia grinned with her eyes wide, the eldest Cameron hovering over the Martin girl as he nodded subtly, adjusting the glasses on his face.

"Let's go for a walk."

Ophelia didn't question Rafe's sudden request, instead smiled softly as she followed closely behind the boy as he left the two boys behind without another word, Ophelia taking the time to admire Rafe's physical appearance as he walked in front of her.

The boy was dressed up to his usual standards. A stripped coloured button up paired on top of khaki shorts, sandals lining his tanned feet as they hit against the pavement with each step he took. "Like what you see?" Rafe joked lightly, extending his hand backwards to lace with the Martin girls, allowing her to catch up.

"Maybe." Ophelia shrugged, leaving a lingering smile on the boy's flushed face. "Are you okay?" The sun was beating down on the girls exposed skin, her cheeks flushed red from the sudden wave of heat as she squinted upwards at the Cameron boy, a puzzled look washing over her porcelain features.

'"What do you mean?" Rafe's lips left their contagious smile and pursed into a thin line, his clouded eyes unrecognizable due to the dark shades, though Ophelia could sense the tension running through his veins. "I mean the gun pointed in your direction." Rafe spoke calmy, though deep down his blood boiled and goosebumps then rose on his warm skin, and Ophelia couldn't help but notice his grip on her hand tighten.

"I'm fine, Rafe." The girl laughed softly, where as Rafe held an emotionless expression, knowing she had always said that, and he often wondered if she was telling the truth. "It's not okay, O." Rafe hissed lowly, his tongue running over his bright pink lips as he pulled her around the neighbourhood. "I wanted to go back there, you know." He sighed. "Last night."

Ophelia's eyes wandered over the Figure Eight, the blue coloured sky capturing the girls attention as she strayed away from admiring all the fancy, four story houses and admiring the creation above, and every so often the one next to her.

"He would be six feet under by now." Rafe Cameron mumbled quietly, almost inaudible to the Martin girl though her head titled sideways as she gave the boy a curious stare, Rafe's cheeks flushing pink as she squeezed his hand in response.

"You know how I get, Ophelia." Rafe sighed, his eyes looking elsewhere, though the back of his mind danced with the idea of staring at her and nothing but her, though he knew it wasn't right staring at the girl you call your friend as long as he would like too.

"Especially when it comes to you."

There was no doubt in anyone's mind, including Ophelia's, that Rafe Cameron was beyond protective over the Kook Princess. Although he would tell you he wasn't quite sure why, he knew deep down the underlying feelings that grew for the girl each and every single day were the reason, though he could never admit it to Ophelia.

Birds chirping and the cool breeze brushing past the two was the only sound in the distance, Rafe almost certain with the growing silence Ophelia hadn't heard what he had said, though it was then he felt the soft skin belonging to her fingers squeezing tightly on his own -

he knew she had.

─ ☆°•.¸☆¸.•°☆ ─