TWELVE

TWELVE

 ❝You Don't Call Your Friends Baby.❞

❞

─ ☆°•.¸☆¸.•°☆ ─ 

"Where's Kelce?"

Ophelia currently sat perched in the back of Topper's vehicle, dead set middle, her curiosity wandering as her eyes grew custom to her surroundings, knowing well enough they were far from Figure Eight, and coming deeper into the Cut.

Topper simply shrugged in response to the girls question, who huffed in silence as she leaned further back into her seat. Currently, she hadn't had a clue as to where they were going and why - all she knew was Rafe had appeared in her room without warning, dragging her out the front door without hesitation.

Ophelia instantly felt like the odd one one. The two, broad chested anger driven boys in the front muttering quietly amongst themselves, Ophelia's eyes wandering out the window once again. It was then she felt the soft touch belonging to Rafe, his hand wounding around her knee as he rubbed soothing circles.

She smiled lightly, the small acknowledgement making her feel warm inside and out, goosebumps rising on her sun kissed skin as the boys hand turned upwards, his eyes peaking over his shoulder to catch a glimpse of the smiling girl.

Rafe had mimicked her actions, cheeks flushing auburn as a smile danced upwards on his face, his fingers moving ever so slightly to catch her attention once again, her own sliding in between as he held onto her tiny hand tightly.

"What are we doing here?" Ophelia muttered softly, her eyes wandering over the beaten down homes and small restaurants that were barely standing. "Don't worry, O." Rafe cooed back, Ophelia huffing in defeat as the car came to a screeching hault.

"I'm worrying." Ophelia rose in between the two front seats, her hand leaving Rafe's, although his remained in place, her eyes glued to the scene before her. "Seriously? We're at Heyward's." Topper sighed softly as Rafe turned to face the girl, a stern look present on his face.

"Were just giving him a little scare." Rafe's words were soft, despite the hardened features present on his face, Topper slightly nodding, in agreeance with the boy. "He needs to know we know."

Ophelia's face twisted into annoyance, though as fast as they arrived to Heyward's, they were gone without a second glance.

Pope had in fact saw the car filled with the three individuals, and although he was almost surprised to see Kook Princess Ophelia Martin perched in the back seat, he second guessed himself when he saw the eldest Cameron smirking in the passenger seat, and all seemed to make sense.

"Hungry, princess?"

Ophelia's eyes narrowed in on The Wreck, borderline Pogue and Kook territory, where she huffed instantly, though couldn't deny her stomach growling. "Really, Rafe?" The girl taunted, slipping off her seatbelt as the back door had swung open, Rafe hovering over the door with a playful smile.

"See, Ophelia." Topper chimed from the front of the group, Rafe carelessly placing his hand on the small of Ophelia's back, keeping her close by as they made way into the restaurant. "This trip wasn't such a total waste."

Ophelia couldn't help but smile at the blonde's words, nodding subtly as Rafe tugged her down with him, though instead of in her own chair, she was placed firmly on his lap, without hesitation. "What do you want, baby?"

Rafe's words were soft as the boys hand traced over her bare thigh, his lips bushed up against her ear as he spoke, though Topper had been watching the entire interaction. He simply pursed his lips as he shook his head, stiffing a laugh as he glanced up at the two.

"The burger." Topper replied, a smug look dancing on his face as Ophelia grinned slightly, Rafe's eyes narrowing in the direction of the blonde, his brows furring together as he spoke. "I wasn't talking to you, smart ass."

Topper grinned at Rafe's words, the only one seeming be un-amused was the Cameron boy. "Right." Topper chuckled lightly. "You don't call your friends baby." Rafe groaned in response, his cheeks lighting up as he fumbled over his words, yet nothing seemed to come out.

"No, asshole maybe." Ophelia grinned playfully, earning a small tap from Rafe, as if he was thanking her, the Thorton boy shaking his head. "Sure, Ophelia." He grinned. "I'm just stating the obvious." Ophelia shrugged. "Me too."

The dark haired girl was half way through her meal when she rose from the boy's tight grip, outstretching her arms as she made way towards the bathroom. It was then Topper nudged his seat inwards, a small smile forming on his lips.

"Honesty is key, Rafe." The boy chimed, Rafe giving his friend a questioning look as he continued to pile food into his mouth. "What the hell is going on with you and Ophelia?"

The Cameron boy furred his brows as he wiped away at his mouth, sinking back into his seat as he began to miss the brunette placed upon his lap, what once was warm and comforting now empty and cold.

"What do you mean?" Rafe shrugged effortlessly, his eyes wandering around the crowded room. "Seriously?" Topper chucked dryly. "You're trying to tell me there's no feelings involved." Rafe sat still, unable to give his friend a straight answer. Part of him wanted to say no, agreeing with his words, though the other part knew well enough the moment he admitted to anything, it would be out of his control.

"We always flirt." Rafe spoke softly, shrugging his shoulders as he leaned further back into his seat, outstretching his legs as he waited for the girl to slip back in her spot. "Yeah." Topper agreed. "Do you always spit alcohol into her mouth and do drugs off of her finger?"

Rafe shrugged, his cheeks burning in nervousness, fiddling with his fingers as he sighed deeply. "It's like, the entire world see's it but the two of you." Topper spoke softly. "How long are you going to deny liking her?"

Once again, the Cameron boy remained silent, his eyes burning a hole into his friend across the way, groaning as he placed his head in between his hands. "She likes you, bro!" Topper exclaimed, earning the stare of Rafe who kept his lips in a thin line. "The sexual tension is kind of sickening."

Rafe sat in silence, his mind a blur as he fought against his own feelings, ones that kept him up at night, trying to debate otherwise. Ophelia was his best friend, and had been for some time. The pair were attached at the hip, where one was, the other was sure to follow.

The eldest Cameron had an underlying anger issue, one that seemed to fade into nothing when Ophelia was around. He hadn't denied his feelings for the girl, better yet pushed them aside, all in fears he was making a mistake.

"Yeah well." Rafe sighed softly, speaking before he could process his own thoughts, catching site of the dark haired girl making her way over towards the table. "It's not easy being in love with your best friend."

Ophelia skipped towards the table, slipping effortlessly passed what should be her seat, placing herself back on the Cameron boy's lap. Her arm slung around his shoulder, a smile immediately growing on his face.

Rafe's words were silent. He had almost been sure Topper hadn't heard him, his attention turning fully towards Ophelia who's eyes danced in between her two friends. "What are we talking about?"

Topper Thorton's eyes fell onto Rafe, who's cheeks flushed pink, and all Topper could do was smile. 

─ ☆°•.¸☆¸.•°☆ ─

Author's Note

I'm not a huge fan of this chapter, though hope you all enjoy 

stay with me, the big kiss will be coming before you know it

xo