TWENTY SIX

TWENTY SIX

 ❝Damsel in Distress.

❞

─ ☆°•.¸☆¸.•°☆ ─

I would die for you.

Rafe's words replayed over and over in Ophelia's busy mind, clouding her judgment, and better yet, her anger towards the fare haired boy.

Rafe would do anything to protect Ophelia - that she knew, but the words he spoke had dug its way deep into her heart, and her stomach - the pits rumbling in anxiety and fear, all due to the fact she knew his words to be true.

She had seen it.

Ophelia was hesitant to be anywhere near Rafe. It hadn't changed her feelings, she was undeniably in love with him, though that was what scared her most.

She had refused to shower with the eldest Cameron, the mere image of faux blood seeping over the tiled floors causing her to cringe. Instead, she slipped from the boys grasp and headed towards Sarah's room, where in an instant, Rafe caught up to the girl and wrapped his fingers tightly around her forearm, dragging her into the spare bedroom.

He had a stone cold look set upon his face, one that briefly changed out for a softened stare, the boy pushing Ophelia lightly towards the bed, who's eyes welled with tears as he inhaled sharply.

Before he could think, Rafe stepped out the open doorway, shutting it softly behind him and locking it shut.

Ophelia's heart picked up it's pace, tears falling over her flushed cheeks as she banged against the dark wood doorway, hissing the boy's name from her now dry and cracked lips. After a minute or so, the bangs got quieter and the sobs got louder.

Rafe, bringing his forehead to the door, clenched his eyes shut to keep the tears in place, his heart aching in his chest and the sound of his girlfriend crying on the other side of the door. "Rafe, please." Ophelia cooed softly, her back sliding against the frame of the door before falling limply to the ground, her words as fragile as her body.

"I'm sorry, O." Rafe cracked lightly, his words barely audible, tears flowing freely down his tanned cheeks as his hand curled into a fist, slamming up against the cream coloured wall, knocking over various family photos.

It hadn't phased Ophelia one bit.

"I need you." Rafe admitted lowly. "You can't leave me." And quite literally, he meant that, the girl he loved locked away behind a closed door, with Rafe being the only way out. "Don't do this, Rafe."

With one quiet sob, Rafe had pushed himself away from the door and towards his room, ignoring the growing sounds of Ophelia's cries, her heart aching for the boy who stripped himself into complete nothingness - finding himself under the raging hot steam of the shower.