SIX

SIX

❝Red Lips, Rosy Cheeks.❞

tw: drugs, alcohol, substance abuse 

─ ☆°•.¸☆¸.•°☆ ─

"Hey, Ophelia!"

Known Kook Topper and boyfriend to Sarah Cameron had his house covered head to toe in fellow members of the Figure Eight, all which greeted the Kook Princess as she walked by, hand in hand with the blonde as they made way through the growing crowd.

The aroma of alcohol and smoke filled the girls nose, loose curls falling over her exposed tanned shoulders as she held her denim jacket tight over her figure. Ophelia had questioned the white, tight fitted dress in the back of her mind multiple times, though the moment she pouted her red lips, Sarah had been ready to leave, and she hesitantly grabbed the light denim the moment she was tugged from the door.

Ophelia Martin was the life of the party. She always managed to capture the attention of every and all, whether it be male or female, and she always smiled softly to herself, glancing back at the Cameron girl whom she dragged through the crowd. "We need to find Topper."

The rich boy was found just outside of his bedroom window, standing on top of the mansions panelled roof in nothing but his bathing suit. Ophelia could only shake her head at the boy, knowing how idiotic her friends could be at times.

"Topper, what are you doing you maniac!" Sarah hushed, immediately leaving Ophelia's side and meeting up with Topper, whom had a half empty drink fumbling in his hand. "Maniac, alright." Ophelia grinned, Topper sending her a subtle wink before turning to his girlfriend, hand out in her reach.

"Rafe's waiting for you downstairs." Topper called over the loud nose, his eyes falling back towards Ophelia. "The whole twenty minutes without you has been dreadful." The boy grinned playfully, Ophelia shaking her head in laughter as she spun on her heels, exiting the empty room.

Ophelia wasn't necessarily itching to wait around and watch Topper show off to the Figure Eight's, so instead followed cue and made her way down the cascaded staircase, slipping through many drunk bodies to find her favourite duo of boys, that was of course, minus Topper, completing the golden trio.

Rafe Cameron made his way through his best friends house once again, groaning as the Ophelia hadn't answered any of his messages, his eyes circling around the room in hope's at finding the dark haired girl. It was then his eyes fell towards the staircase, red lips curled upwards into a smile as everyone and anyone called out her name, Rafe rolling his eyes in annoyance as those around her parted like the red sea.

Rafe waited patiently, his eyes never leaving Ophelia as he scratched at the back of his neck, his cheeks growing flush as he waited in anticipation, knowing Ophelia was the only one who would be able to calm him down. Currently, she was swarmed, her eyes dancing around the room, looking for Rafe, attempting to slip through the bodies that bowed at her presence.

"Rafe, where you been at?" Kelce hollered over the loud, echoing music, catching the Cameron boy off guard as he snapped his attention in the opposite direction of Ophelia, the boy pulling Rafe from his trance as he met his friend half way, sharing a simple bro - hug. "I got some yay - oh. Spread the word." Rafe mumbled. "I'm waiting for O."

Kelce patted his friend lightly on the back, as if to agree with his statement, the boy slipping away from his friend with intent on his mind, passing the Martin girl who he quickly pulled in for a hug, pressing his lips to the top of her head before wandering off, gathering a crowd for his dear friend.

Rafe grew tense, releasing a breath he wasn't aware he had been holding in. His cheeks were flushed, his mind replaying Kelce's lips pressed to Ophelia's skin, something he swore he was the only one allowed to do.

Slender fingers ran through his perfectly combed hair when he then made eye contact with the girl he had been waiting for, a smile then creeping on his face, despite the sickening feeling growing in the pit of his stomach.

"There she is." Rafe grinned, his eyes falling down her figure as she spun around ever so softly, landing right before the Cameron boy who wrapped his arms around her waist effortlessly, pulling her in.

"Why so tense, Cameron?" The girl whispered quietly, standing on her tip toes as her lips brushed against the bottom of Rafe's ear, a rush of anxiety bursting through his veins as he tugged the girl further through the crowd, off to a secluded corner, one where he was hoping for a brief moment of privacy.

"Earlier." Rafe sighed. "I'm just trying to make the money back for the generators." Ophelia simply nodded, ignoring the goosebumps rising on her tanned skin as Rafe's finger tips toyed with the back of her thighs. "Who's side am I on?"

Ophelia's words caused Rafe's lips to curl upwards, a dryly laugh following soon after, his lips meeting her ear as he pulled her body against his, rather roughly at that, tucking a stray piece of hair in behind her ear.

"What did I do to deserve you?" Rafe's eyes wanted to follow the growing crowd, yet remained glued down towards Ophelia, who's red lips could't help but smile, her cheeks blushing in response as she shook her head softly.

"I don't want you involved." Rafe hushed lowly. "Just, maybe, gather some people here and there for me, okay baby?"

The words left Rafe's dry lips before he could even process what he was about to say. Sounding so effortlessly, as if it was routine, Ophelia didn't bring up the sudden use of the nickname, one that hadn't been used before, instead nodding in agreement as she went to slip away, yet a tight hold on her wrist was holding her back.

"Hey." Ophelia cooed, inching closer to the boy who had been under distress, her green eyes wandering over his face, where his jaw was clenched and his cheeks were flush."I got you." For a moment's time, Rafe felt all the weight lift off his shoulders, the girls lips pressing firmly to his cheek as she disappeared off into the crowd, the lingering sensation of warmth and butterflies glued to Rafe's face as he walked away with a red print dancing near the corner of his mouth.

─ ☆°•.¸☆¸.•°☆ ─

Author's Note

the party scene will be split into multiple chapters, two or so, so bare with me!

i hope you are enjoying the re write (which is following the same plot)

let me know if there is anything you wish to see!

enjoy. xo