THIRTY SEVEN

THIRTY - SEVEN

 ❝Accomplice to Murder.

❞

─ ☆°•.¸☆¸.•°☆ ─

"Hey."

Ward Cameron's voice was gentle - almost as if he spoke too loud, the eldest Cameron would crumble beneath him.

He had been awake, though his back faced towards the door to his room, where his father crept in quietly, placing a hand softly on the boys shoulder. "Where's Ophelia?" Rafe remained silent, his eyes falling back towards the bathroom door, barely shut, light creeping from underneath the doorway before the girl in question appeared, rubbing at her tired eyes.

"I need your help."

Rafe had lead Ophelia through the quiet and dark lit Tannyhill, his hand holding a rather strong grip on hers, her body pressed up close against his as they made way through the large living quarters.

Peering over Rafe's shoulder, Ophelia was dressed in nothing more than a pair of cotton shorts and one of Rafe's oversized shirts, eyes widening at the sight of her father standing a mere few feet away, a stone cold expression set in stone.

"I need you to stay calm, and stay quiet." Ward hushed softly, his eyes narrowing in on the Martin girl who only curled deeper into Rafe's side.

Ward Cameron had made way towards the back of his truck, where Richard Martin, Ophelia's father, let his hand extend outwards to grab ahold of the plastic tarp covering the back of the bed. It was then a soft gasp escaped through Ophelia's chapped lips, her hand flying upwards to cover her mouth.

"What is that?" Rafe inhaled sharply, his hand slipping out of Ophelia's tight hold, using it to push her behind him, a gentle shove in the right direction. "Oh my god." Ophelia could sense Rafe's nervousness, his back muscles twitching and sweat beginning to form on the base of his flushed neck.

"Oh my god, it's a body." Rafe's hands rose to his head, spinning on his heels as he looked down towards Ophelia, who's own remained glued to the ground, bare feet against the cold cement driveway.

"Who's body is that?" Ward and Richard shared a look, their eyes momentarily falling towards the Martin girl who remained in silence, unsure of what to make of the situation in front of her. "It doesn't matter, Rafe." Ward replied sternly. "It doesn't matter?" His son argued back. "Ophelia is standing right here, dad! It fucking matters! Who's body is that?"

Ophelia, still remaining in silence, glanced up towards Rafe whom had been pacing, every so often his eyes lingering away from Ophelia and towards the body - the dead body. It was then she made her move, one moment her eyes glued to the ground, the next witnessing Ward slap his hand over his sons mouth, keeping him from speaking any further.