FOURTY SIX

FOURTY - SIX

 ❝Taste's so sweet.

❞

─ ☆°•.¸☆¸.•°☆ ─

"Rafe?"

Ophelia Martin was never one to stalk her boyfriend through the screen of her phone, though desperate times called for desperate measures, and the long hours in what seemed to be an empty home had Ophelia going against all she stood for.

It was rather easy, finding her boyfriend through her phone, immediately making way to where the small location marker pin pointed the Cameron boy. As mad as she had been, unsure of where she stood, she found herself running faster than ever down the wooden docks, each step heavier than the next.

Rafe Cameron was about to peel himself off the damp wooden boards, his finger curled around the back of his head, as if it would ease the pain. He blinked once, then twice, and a few times, unsure if the mess of dark hair standing before him was real, or if he was hit in the head harder than he had once thought.

"What the hell happened?" Ophelia bent to Rafe's level, her knees cracking on the way down, tugging the boys tanned flannel tighter around her body, the night wind picking up, goosebumps rising on her skin.

"Like you care."

Rafe's words left his mouth faster than he could control, Ophelia's face twisting into confusion as her brows furred, a chorus of dry laughter following suit. "I'm here." Ophelia whispered. "I care, Rafe." Her words, ever so soft, extending her hand outwards, grabbing ahold of the side of Rafe's face, warm to the touch. "You care?"

All Rafe Cameron ever wanted was for someone to care. Ophelia loved him deeply, something that couldn't be bent or broken, and she had cared more than he would ever know. Tears, pooling in his eyes, threatened to spill as he let out a soft cry, collapsing into Ophelia's hold.

For a moment, she remained silent. Her arms wrapped firmly around Rafe, his face in her chest as he let out silent cries, and she had simply let him. Ophelia was gentle, where as Rafe was rather rough, his arms snaked around her waist as he held onto her tightly, almost afraid if she hadn't, she would slip away.

"I didn't mean to hurt you." Rafe mumbled into the fabric of Ophelia's shirt, where she nodded, as if he was able to see. "I didn't mean to hurt you." He repeated, tearing his head away from her chest, the sound of her heart beating fading into the distance as his eyes looked up, meeting with hers.

Ophelia could bit her tongue, though she could never, ever, hide her facial expressions. Anyone could easily tell when she was angry, upset, nervous, and now, Rafe could sense her forgiving stare, her eyes soft and plump lips breaking at a smile.