TWENTY

TWENTY

 ❝More Than Enough.

─ ☆°•

─ ☆°•.¸☆¸.•°☆ ─

"I don't want her being apart of this."

Rafe Cameron rarely spoke up to his father, although today, had been different. For once in all his life, he finally grew the courage to fight back - the clear issue being around Ophelia, and that boy would fight for her regardless.

"It's too late for that, Rafe." Ward Cameron replied sternly, the Martin girl shrinking back as the two men spoke as if she hadn't been in the room. "You should have thought about that before you got yourself into this mess."

Ophelia felt guilty. Keeping her mouth shut, her eyes never left Rafe, his cheeks flushed and neck growing red in anger. She had wanted to stick up for him, though knew she would be shut down immediately, and often wondered who it would be to tell her to stay out of it.

At this point in time, she was betting on Rafe.

"She didn't do anything wrong, dad." Although she couldn't agree, she smiled softly, the boy's arms thrown frantically in the air as he spoke. "Do you think you did anything wrong, Ophelia?" And now, she was the centre of attention.

Chewing on her bottom lip, her feet hung over the dark coloured chair as her eyes drifted towards the boy's father, one that had at times, intimidated her like her own father. "I think." She spoke lightly, Rafe rolling his eyes at his father's question. "I think that your son needs you. All I was trying to do was be there for him."

Meeting Rafe's sorry eyes she gave the boy a soft smile, warming his insides knowing well enough despite it all, at the end of the road - he always had Ophelia.

"In fact." She spoke softly, bracing her self for what she was about to do. "It was partially my fault." Now, Ward had been interested, and Rafe's face twisted into utter confusion. "Rafe said he could lend me the money. I just never payed him back."

A smile twisted onto Rafe's tanned face, though it wasn't one that illuminated happieness. He was angry. Beyond frustrated, his arms fell down to his sides as he shook his head in laughter. "What the hell are you doing, Ophelia?"

All she managed was a shrug. "Telling the truth." Ward snickered softly, shaking his head as he grabbed his belongings off of the kitchen counter. "You were never a good liar, Ophelia." Despite the hostility, the girl managed a smile. "Well, that's because I'm not lying."

And that was how the brunette found herself in the back of Ward Cameron's car.

Rafe's hand slid behind the seat, his finger tips toying with the softness of her knee, his own bouncing in anticipation as the car came to a stop, Ophelia's eyes adjusting the darkness just outside the windows.