TWENTY EIGHT

TWENTY - EIGHT

 ❝ Set the world on fire.

─ ☆°•

─ ☆°•.¸☆¸.•°☆ ─

Rafe had never felt so lost.

The fabric belonging to his shirt clung to his chest, more than half drenched with the boy's sweat. He was a mess. Utterly and entirely, Rafe Cameron had lost himself. Better yet, had lost Ophelia.

Currently, he could hear his father, Rose, and Ophelia's parents arguing on the balcony porch, both Ward and Richard's voice overpowering one another. They were making their assumptions very clear, worried that Sarah, wherever she had been, would be talking to the cops.

Rafe would argue, though could never admit to the truth. Last night, he had went to bed with Ophelia next to him. This morning, when he woke, she was no where to be found.

Tears welled in his eyes as he brought the palm of his hand up to his face, slapping the side of his cheek roughly. He couldn't bare to be without Ophelia, and the thought of not knowing where she was absolutely destroyed him.

Rafe had cried the whole way to the barely standing trailer belonging to Barry, where he barged through the front door without any warning. "I need cocaine." Even the hard-ass drug dealer could sense something that been wrong, the usual pretty boy now glistening in his own sweat and tears.

"Well, I'm all out." Barry argued, slumping back onto the couch. "Everybody stocking up for the storm." Rafe, although, hadn't taken his words as an answer, taking the time to open every cupboard door, checking for himself.

It was small banter between the two, and Rafe's pent up aggression and borderline depression hadn't helped his case. He had lost Ophelia, and he was afraid it was for good.

Barry hadn't seemed to pay attention to minor details, that was until Rafe collapsed to the floor, tears spilling over his eyes, and he hadn't tried to hide them. "Hey, look." Barry sighed deeply, only wondering what his high paying customer had been going through.

Pulling up a chair, Barry looked down heavily on the eldest Cameron. "Rafe, you're good. You're good." Rafe inhaled sharply, wiping away the tears clouding his vision. "I've never done something, that you never thought you would." Rafe couldn't keep eye contact with Barry - someone he looked down upon, now seemed to be higher on the pyramid.

"What you done, country club?" Barry's lips curled upwards, the borderline Pogue Drug Dealer having a hard time coming to a conclusion. "I did something." A single tear fell down Rafe's flushed cheeks. "And now I'm fucked. Like, a hundred percent. For life."