THIRTY NINE

THIRTY - NINE

 ❝Against the World.

❞

─ ☆°•.¸☆¸.•°☆ ─

"Just, don't say anything alright?"

Rafe swung either leg from the motorbike, his hands raising to Ophelia's head where he slipped off her helmet, bending in the knees so his lips hovered over hers. "What's your partner in crime supposed to do, then?"

Rafe's lips curled upwards, even more so when Ophelia titled her chin upward, pressing her lips softly to his. "Just smile. My pretty little girl doesn't have to waste her breath." Ophelia just grinned playfully. "Country Club!" Ophelia rolled her eyes sheepishly at the boy's nickname for Rafe, which in all admittance, Ophelia absolutely hated.

"Aren't I supposed to be blackmailing you or some shit like that?" Ophelia took in Barry's appearance heavily, knowing the last time she saw the town's drug dealer was almost the last time she saw someone ever.

At that point, it seemed as if he was on their side. Now? Ophelia wasn't sure, though she did exactly what Rafe had told her to do. Getting off the back of the bike and standing tall, Ophelia curled her lips upwards, green eyes as bright as ever, almost knocking the wind straight out of the long haired man.

"Have at it." Rafe shrugged, running a hand through his sandy locks, ones that were usually gelled back now a mess over his forehead - and Ophelia loved every minute of it. "Cops are drilling me already."

Barry's eyes wandered from said Country Club, falling towards the Martin girl who seemed to carry a different aura with her. Once before, he was almost afraid to talk to the Kook Princess. Despite her soft features, her brows always furred together which made her look angry, for whatever reason. Aside from that, she had an army of men trailing behind her every move.

Now, said army was her boyfriend, and had formed an alliance with Barry. That meant he was free to stare.

Today, the Martin girl was dressed rather simply, no floral skirts or skin tight dresses, but all dark fitted clothing. It was rather unusual, even for Barry, though he couldn't help but admire the change in attire. Both Rafe and Ophelia had went from Kook Living to On The Run attire, and both their tainted and bruised skin had meshed in perfectly.

"What you have to say to them, half the town has said already." Rafe spoke matter of fact-ly, Barry shaking his head in response. "What you here for, then?" Ophelia smiled lightly, across the way and hanging back by Rafe's bike. "Come over here and rub all that shit in my face?"

Rafe met Ophelia's stare, lingering over her red painted lips before spinning back around. "I can hook you up. Need some money?" At this point, Barry rose in anticipation, eyes always straying back to the Martin girl who kept her lips sealed. "You used to work for Water Power, yeah?"