TWENTY FOUR

TWENTY - FOUR

A sinner shall sin.

─ ☆°•

°•.¸¸.•°

"I need you to listen to me, and listen carefully, Ophelia."

The brunette hadn't been sure of her choices in life thus far, though this, by far, had taken the lead by a landslide.

Ophelia Martin lived life on the edge. She more so did, before she thought, and not the other way around. She was carefree, without a doubt, she desired to be everything she once wanted.

Now, although, she wasn't sure what she wanted. She had Rafe, and that, was certain, though beyond him, everything was just, beyond.

She wasn't sure she trusted her father. The man she was supposed to look up too, to find comfort in, though she knew one thing for certain. She trusted Rafe Cameron.

She wasn't sure what to expect, the endless phone calls from her father had her staring at her phone screen long enough until the pair had reached their destination. Rafe was distant, his lips pursed and his mind blank, as if he was afraid.

Rafe Cameron was never afraid.

Ophelia hadn't questioned the boy, her eyes falling short of Ward Cameron's single use plane, one that was sure being used to take Sarah to the Bahama house - although it had never taken flight.

John B's van was parked on the runway, various chants echoing from the other side of the plane. It was then Rafe stopped in his tracks, pressing his finger to Ophelia's lips, before titling his head downwards.

"Do you love me?"

Of course, she had, though Ophelia pressed her lips together in a thin line, her brows furring as the boy's hands fell to her hips, squeezing the tender skin roughly. "I said, do you love me?" Ophelia nodded. "I love you."

Rafe smiled softly, his tanned cheeks a flushed pink, his bottom lip trembling as he placed them onto Ophelia's. "Do you trust me?" Again, Ophelia nodded, and everything had seemed to happen faster than the brunette could process.

One moment, Ophelia's hand was laced in Rafe's, the next, her body being shoved back gently, the sound of a gun alarming Ophelia. The loud piercing ring had caused Ophelia to cower back in fear, her hand flying to her trembling lips as a loud sob escaped on command.

Before Sarah could react, her eyes batting between her older brother, Rafe, and her best friend, one who's eyes welled with tears at the sight before her, her knees caving in at the scene unfolding. "Rafe?"

Ophelia's chants were barely audible. Ward Cameron had heard, though, his body still remained on the pavement as he mimicked the younger girls words. "Rafe." Ward spoke softly, his eyes glued to the girl who had been trembling in fear - over his son's actions.