FIFTY TWO

FIFTY TWO

❝  blood runs cold.

❞

─ ☆°•.¸☆¸.•°☆ ─

Despite previous events, Rafe Cameron wanted to take his Ophelia and fuck her right then and there. 

Bending her over the table, letting her fingernails dig into the cherry oak and let his name echo off the walls of Tannyhill. Instead, the flustered brunette was now seated next to his step mom, Rose, tearing through endless papers and bank statements. 

"I can't find the account numbers." Rose tore Ophelia's attention away from the table and towards the doorway, once empty and cold now filled with Rafe's tall and muscular figure, once again clad in his father's jacket. "The account numbers, uhh." The eldest Cameron boy sang, pinching the bridge of his nose as if he was in deep thought, though the only thing playing on his mind was Ophelia. Naked. Moment's ago.

His train of thought blurring mental images of entering his girlfriend him rambling, to which Rose cut him off completely. "The Swiss accounts, Rafe. The gold." 

Ophelia never cared much about the joint business between Ward and her father, Richard, nor did she care about the gold. Ophelia cared about Rafe, and in turn, cared about everything else that seemed to revolve around the Cameron boy. 

Circumstances didn't change for Ophelia, ignoring the lowly hummed argument between step mother and step son, toying with the boy only a few feet away. Rafe was trying to step up and fill his father's shoes - and jacket - though couldn't help but let his gaze fall towards Ophelia.

The girl was back in her dress, pink in colour, with the straps teasing against her sun kissed shoulders. She hadn't been wearing a bra, and Rafe Cameron was licking his lips at the sight. That, and her hair was still tousled and knotted, a display of their sexual acts only moments prior.

It was then the cold, hard truth came crashing down, and Ophelia's legs closed and Rafe tore himself away from the table. The Cameron - Martin Development was in debt, and the gold was the only thing keeping the two families afloat.

Ophelia couldn't trust anyone. Her father never told her the truth, and with what he had told her, all seemed to be built up on a lie. Ward was deceased, her father was missing, and the only man who ever gave her a sense of stability slowly going off the rails. 

"It can't be that bad." Rafe refused to believe Rose, whom only threw herself closer in his direction, telling the younger boy, that in fact, it was that bad. "Tell him, Ophelia." Rose begged, her eyes dancing between the couple, who's eyes always found each others.