THIRTY FIVE

THIRTY - FIVE

 ❝Bonnie & Clyde.

❞

─ ☆°•.¸☆¸.•°☆ ─

"Ophelia?"

Rafe Cameron was never one for a soft spoken, calming type of human being. That was, unless, it came to Ophelia Martin, who currently, was sat upon the steaming hot pavement, legs curled into her chest, bright eyes widened as her teeth sunk into her bottom lip.

"Ophelia, baby, look at me." Rafe muttered coarsely, either hand wrapping around her flushed face, slender fingers tapping against the surface as a way to get her attention. "Ophelia!"

As fast as Rafe has been at the Martin girl's level, hands wound around her face, they were taken off, the eldest Cameron being shoved lightly in the other direction, landing flat on the ground as he looked up towards his father in disbelief.

"Stop it, son." Ward spoke hushed, one finger pointed in his son's direction, the other trembling in front of Ophelia's face. "She's in shock."

It had hit like a ton of bricks. A freight train. Or, as Ophelia would say, a tidal wave, washing over her before she had the chance to hold her breath. She was in deep, her whole body numb as her mind grew a blur.

The adrenaline pumping through Ophelia's body had vanished, just like that, she was left to face with the reality of it all. She was stuck out at sea, rescued by her captors, had tried to escape, then left to defend her self with her wrists tied, mouth secured shut, and unable to see anything around her.

Now, she had what she wanted, yet the truth had sunk deep within, and Ophelia was afraid. Not of a gun, or what her father and Ward had done, but afraid of loosing Rafe. That, was a reality she never wanted to be apart of.

"What do I do, dad?" Rafe spoke lightly, his eyes never leaving Ophelia whom he wanted badly to wrap his arms around and never let go. "Ophelia?" Ward interrupted his son, one hand placed on the girls shoulder, the other raised up in defence.

What happened next, Ward or Rafe had never saw coming.

Ophelia let out a high pitched, distressed scream as she thrashed her hands in front of her, shaking off who ever had touched her. Tears emitted from her eyes, and the only audible word either had heard from the girl was the Cameron boy's name.

""I'm here, baby." Rafe hushed quietly, inching towards the girl as his hands caught ahold of her moving wrists, hushed tones almost immediately calming her. "I'm right here." Ophelia let out a deep sigh, her chest rising and falling, Ward giving the girl the space she had needed.