FOURTY EIGHT

FOURTY - EIGHT 

 ❝Breaking Point.

❞

─ ☆°•.¸☆¸.•°☆ ─

"I'm sorry."

Ophelia braced herself for impact, expecting one of two outcomes. In one world, the seemingly better option, Rafe would have been more worried than scared, checking every inch of her body to make sure she was okay.

The second option? Rafe was absolutely fuming. Red lined the apples of his cheeks and the base of his neck, screaming and shouting words that made absolutely no sense, yet Ophelia would just stand there and take it because quite frankly - she was in the wrong.

Rafe had been awake when Ophelia stepped foot into Barry's trailer, every floorboard underneath her foot creaking in anticipation, Ophelia standing in the middle of the room as she sent over her apologies.

Rising to his feet, Rafe made his way over to Ophelia, where he threw his arms around her shoulders, tugging her into his chest. Ophelia sighed softly, wrapping her arms around his waist, inhaling the scent of Rafe's cologne.

"Where have you been?" Rafe muttered softly, his lips pressing softly to the top of her head. "The last time I woke up and you weren't there.."

What happened next, was the last thing Ophelia expected to happen, if anything at all. Rafe had began to cry, endless tears pouring freely down his flushed cheeks. Ophelia went to reach out, though the moment she had, Rafe's lips started trembling and a loud sob escaped through.

Spinning on his heels, Rafe had never been one for letting his emotions show. Anger, sure, was one thing, though competes and utter sadness to the point where he couldn't speak was another, and he couldn't bare the thought of Ophelia witnessing him cry like a four year old boy.

"I'm fucked up." Ophelia inched forwards, slowly, her bright eyes filled with tears at the sight of Rafe, who normally is holding up the two, now crumbling to the ground due to her actions. "I'm so fucked, Ophelia."

The dark haired girl was unsure of what to do next. To either wrap her arms around the boy and give him comfort, of remain in place and let him speak. She was torn, through and through, wanting nothing more than to make Rafe as happy as he made her.

"You do know that no one will ever love you like I do?" Ophelia, chewing on her bottom lip to refrain from the tears spilling over, nodded softly. "You see, that's it right there." Rafe laughed dryly.

"I'm so fucking controlling and possessive and." Rafe sighed mid way." And I'm sorry." A second burst of tears fell from Rafe's eyes, this time the boy crumbling to the couch as his head hung in his hands, shielding from the girls view.