Chapter 3 - henna party

AYA

"Adda Mimi this isn't funny!" I furiously said as I stared at the 25 years old woman laughing her heart out on the bed after I narrated my predicament to her.

"I'm sorry I just-" and again, she bursted into laughter.

"Mami talk to her please" I pouted, turning to look at my mom who was cutting her nails beside us.

"Ni ba ruwa na; it's non of my business" was Mami's reply.

"Yawwa Mami! If you know how much I warned this girl koh? I told her to stop acting without thinking but she never listens, now look, she has earned herself an enemy out of her in-laws"

I was telling them about how I found out that The guy I had such an awful encounter with, being Hafeez, is Majeed's older brother and eldest son of the Talba family. Not only that, I can't believe I poured milkshake on Nigeria's finance minister's son. I couldn't sleep yesterday because I was convinced that police would come and take me to jail. Har yanzu ban fidda rai ba by the way.

Like I said before, kawai na shiga uku!

"Toh yanzu ya zanyi?; what do I do now?" I Asked, slightly panicking. There's no way in hell I'd let myself be hated by my fiancé's older brother, what if he tells him to cancel the wedding? What if he makes him hate me too? I know he won't but...what if he does?

"Apologize to him for the rashin mutinci You did" Said Mami, making my jaw drop.

"Apologize? Lallai! Wallahi I can't do that Because it was totally his fault" I shook my head "he pushed me down to the floor and called me a cow fah! Cow!"

"It's either that or you both will never get along, and trust me that isn't a good thing. Whatever the case may be, make sure you have a good relationship with your in-laws"

"But-"

I started but was interrupted by the door being pushed open and Hamma Adnan, my older brother walking into the room, holding Ayaan securely on his torso and Zarah following him behind, probably begging for something.

He took a break from his tukin Jirgi and came back home for my wedding and also hunt for his own fish in the process. Hamma never misses a wedding because girls are always present, Hamma and girls though, oh my god!

"Hamma useni mana!; brother please now" Zarah whined as she followed his every movement like a tail.

"Keh, acham!; hey, leave me alone!" He replied as he handed Ayaan to Adda Mimi.

"What does she want?" Asked Mami.

"Wai birkin bag. That thing cost like 7 million fah, do I look like dangote?" he explained, eyeing Zarah in the process.

"But you have the money" she whined.

"Abba has the money too, go and ask him"

"He said no"

"Then ask Mami or your sisters, why only me?"

She turned to Mami, but before she could speak, Mami cut her off "I don't have the 7 million naira to spend on a handbag"

"Don't even look at me" Adda Mimi shut her off as she was clearly the next target.