Chapter 41 - cruella deville

This is more of a filler though....but better than nothing I guess 😊

Aya

After people who keep asking questions during a movie, the next thing on my list of 'most annoying things' was littering the house with clothes, and unfortunately for me, my darling husband had mastered that habit even more than something as simple as eating food.

I don't think I'll ever understand how hard it is to just take your clothes off and put them away neatly, maybe because it's not hard at all. Probably the simplest of tasks out there, but you see Hafeez, he'd rather decorate everywhere with his football socks and T-shirts for me, especially my bedroom, which is what convinces me that he does it on purpose.

"....just look at this Tanu, I was in the kitchen for only 20 minutes and this man turned my room into a litter box with his clothes," I ranted to my sweet cousin in law Tanveer, who was just busy laughing as I turned the camera and showed her the state my bedroom was in "even his football socks are on my bed" I added as I grabbed the extremely dirty pair of socks and threw them into the laundry basket along with a few shirts, sweatpants and other white socks that forcefully turned to brown and red because of dirt.

I don't even have any more space for my own stuff in my own room anymore, he was slowly taking over.

"Hafeez has always been an untidy person, I wonder how you're just getting to know about it" she said, chuckling once again "that's why nobody complained when he said he wanted to get his own house, anty Rabi was even like 'Allah ya raka taki Gona'"

I couldn't help but imagine Mama's facial expressions while saying that, and it made me chuckle. I'm sure it was always a mad house when they used to live under the same roof because mama was a neat freak.

"Honestly, if not for the fact that I'd miss him so much, I wouldn't complain too if he gets another house and moves in with his endless stuff" I sighed as I threw the last pieces of clothes into the basket and had Nengi take them to the laundry room for me to wash a bit later.

"I really miss you both so much, can't wait to see you" she said "I'm booking my room in your house early oooo, I don't want to hear any stories later"

"I've got you babe! No problem" I replied with a smile "Allah ya kawo ku Lafiya; may you arrive safely"

After three long years, Aunty Dida, Tanveer and Shahd were coming to Nigeria for a long awaited, well deserved family reunion and possibly just in time to welcome Aleena and Maleek's bundle of joy since Alee's due date was sometime around the week.

Tanveer decided that she would stay in my house because she wasn't sure if she could handle the endless problems that came with Aunty Yana, Hajiya and co. she knew that she would never be able to ignore or tolerate them like I do for the sake of peace, and even if she tried to, her mouth would betray her, so she sought the Remedy early because apparently it had never been good when the two sides of the family clashed with each other, and of course Tanveer wouldn't shut up and watch anyone give her mom a hard time.

I wasn't really sure how to feel about the whole thing to be honest, because a part of me loves drama while the other just wants to drink water and mind it's business, but one thing I knew is that there was a high possibility of that said reunion feeling like an intense game night, with us being split in teams and what not.