Chapter 17 - The second madam

Hafeez (surprise!!!!!)

".....alright Toh, goodnight" I waved at the guys just before I shut the front door of the house, which happened to be the same time they got into their respective cars and drove out of my compound to find their ways back home.

I was ecstatic, that lunch turned dinner was everything I didn't even know I needed. I had been so consumed by my work and this...drama at home that I forgot what it was like to spend time with my guys. Of course this was nothing like before, when we were in our bad boyz phase and used to be extremely rebellious because we thought it was cool, this was more of an intimate moment, a time to catch up, talk about life and appreciate how far we had come, and let me tell you this, nothing feels better than winning along with your entire circle.

"Nengi!" I called, to which she adhered immediately.

"Yes sir?"

"Get the dishes from the backyard. We're done" I Said. She just nodded her head in response before I proceeded to walk upstairs. I was about to head to my room when Aya's room caught my eye, the door was slightly open, but the lights were off.

As much as I'd hate to admit it, I really really enjoyed that food she made, I've never tasted anything as tasty as that Mandi rice, coupled with the stickiness of the spicy chicken wings, the sweet taste of the Lebanese dessert and the intense flavors of the mocktail, she pulled everything off in such short notice, and even though I had to beg her before she agreed, she deserved to hear a few words of appreciation from me, at least because of how we all enjoyed the meal I was filled to the brim and for some reason, I still wanted more. While Anas on the other hand made Nengi pack some for him to go home with.

So yes, she should be appreciated.

And yes, I'm not that bad.

So without much contemplation, I decided to go for it, I pushed the door open and walked inside. The room was dark, making it hard for me to see anything, so I searched the walls for a while till I found a light switch, and once I did, I turned it, which was immediately followed by Aya's loud high pitched scream which got me jumping too.

I was about to ask what happened but I decided not to when we finally locked eyes. She had just stepped out of the shower, her hair was wet and dangling all the way down to her mid-thighs while her petite figure that was wrapped in a white furry towel had water droplets dripping all over. Between embarrassed, scared, and confused, I couldn't really tell which she was, mainly because I was focused on how silky and long her hair was, focused on how she looked really small in that towel, focused on how soft, clear and glossy her skin looked under the light. I was completely zoned out, just until something magically came and restored my senses the same way it took it away.

I cleared my throat "so uh...i see it's not a wig"

She didn't respond, she just grabbed a floor length hijab that was laying on the floor on top of her praying mat and quickly threw it over her body "Have you ever heard about knocking?" She sassed, as usual.

"It's my house, I can go wherever I want, whenever I want without knocking" I shrugged in response.

"And what if you walked in on me in some kind of situation? What would you have done then?" I chuckled lightly as I grasped what she meant.

"That's would've been your problem" I shrugged again.

"Stop doing that!" She scolded.

"Doing what?"

She sighed, clearly frustrated before she looked at me again "Can you please tell me what you're here for? I have to go to bed"

"Are you sending me away?" I raised an eyebrow.