Chapter 43 - sobfests and secrets

Lmfaoooo lemme find place and lie down because ah! The beating and dragging I will receive after this chapter go chowkeeeeeeee 😩😩😩

Aya

At that point, my eyes had no difference to an elastic band, because the way they widened automatically was something I never thought was humanly possible.

I looked like I was watching the biggest horror movie of my life, and to be honest, I wasn't that far off. Watching Layla make out with her...whoever the fuck he was to her was the equivalent of a horror movie because I had never seen anything so disgusting, and I don't mean that in a nasty way, but the audacity to be cheating on the husband she claimed to love so much and went to extreme lengths for while being heavily pregnant is what I found disgusting.

The amount of lies, deceit, and everything else in between, EW!

For a second, I became confused about what to do. My first instinct was to walk up to her, but I immediately realized that it would've been so stupid of me to do that, then I thought of FaceTiming Hafeez to show him what I was staring at, but I knew he wasn't going to pick up since the last thing that would be on his mind at that moment was seeing my 'annoying' face as he claimed, so I just decided to go for the last option; I pulled my phone out and clicked some pictures of them. Unfortunately they pulled away from their nonsense kiss before I could start taking the pictures, but I still managed to get them while they were hugging and holding on to each other.

I don't know why but something at the back of my mind was telling me to just Mind my business and act like it never happened, but of course, my heart said otherwise. It was a tug of war battle between the two, and the latter was winning. I felt like I was on a literal hot seat at that moment, because all I wanted was to see me at home, showing Hafeez the pictures and proving to him that I was in fact right when I spoke about her being up to something shady.

It wasn't even about me getting revenge on her anymore, though it was still part of the list, but my first priority was to save my husband from her clutches and also our relationship, which i can swear is what she has her eye on. I may not be able to point out exactly what she was planning, but I was sure that what I saw was more than enough to finally get her and her evil ways out of mine and Hafeez's life for good.

Finally.

They took each other's hands again and walked to the right, going towards one of the cafes, while I took that as my opportunity to leave so she wouldn't see me. I did waste a bit of my time though because I parked my car at the very far end, so I had to walk a good distance to get to it, and when I did, I took a while to rest and catch my breath because for some reason I was panting like I ran a marathon. And as expected, on my way back home, I met a lot of traffic, so it took me a total of 25-30 minute to get there.

"Welcome back Mrs," Nengi's soft voice and smiley face was the first thing to welcome me as I made my way into the house, where I found her in the lounge room putting the cushions back in their places.

"Thank you nene," I replied with a smile "is Hafeez at home?"

"Yes Mrs, but he said he wants to sleep and warned me to not let anyone disturb him-"

I didn't even wait to respond to her, I just went upstairs as fast as I could, stopping nowhere but the penthouse. I was welcomed by a huge mess right from his lounge room but my mind was too occupied with other things for me to even entertain the thought of fighting him over his dirty ways.

I found him laying on the bed, with his back facing the door and of course, without a shirt on, despite how freezing cold that room was, but he seemed unbothered, he wasn't even touching his duvet.