Chapter 46 - the knight in a shining....sweatpants

Hafeez

"...how's she doing now?" I asked as I sat upright on the bed and stared at one of my favorite pictures of her, which I had made the wallpaper on my laptop. That was what had been keeping me going in the past few weeks; looking at her pictures and imagining she was right by my side.

I was speaking to Adnan by the way, He had been one of the people really holding it down for me, he was basically the pillar keeping me up there when my emotions try to bring me down, and Without his support, the citadel of my confidence would've crumbled, the tendrils of my hope would've withered and I would've messed everything up long ago.

"She's getting better, please don't worry" he replied, but it sounded more like he was trying to convince both me and himself, like an attempt to make me calm down.

"You know I have to worry, you said she has been throwing up and-" I had to cut myself off when I heard him laugh, despite the fact that he could hear the panic in my voice.

"She threw up just once, It was only after we had dinner yesterday, and immediately after, it was like nothing even happened. It was probably just food poisoning, so there's really no need to worry so much, she's perfectly fine" he insisted.

"Are you sure?"

"You know I'd let you know if something was wrong" he said, to which I sighed, knowing He was right "just relax, Believe me when I tell you that she's in a good place both mentally and physically, she's currently even outside having a zoom meeting with her team"

That made me calm down a bit, but still not enough to make me stop worrying. I felt like flying over there just so I could be right by her side.

"As great as that sounds, I just can't be at ease no matter how hard I try to. I'll only feel better if I get to see her, but of course that won't be possible because she's literally in the other side of the world" I said, ending it with a sigh "I really don't think I can do this anymore, I can't wait any longer"

"You shouldn't start thinking like this, not when you're so close to the end," he replied "this is where your patience is needed; put your emotions aside, think victory thoughts, and envision how you want to end up when the battle ends,"

"That's the problem, I don't think I have anymore patience left in me, and if I do, then it's running out fast!" I said "her pain is increasing as each day goes by and I can't do anything to stop, you have no idea how much that breaks my heart Adnan"

"I know, I understand how you're feeling, but whatever you're doing is for her own sake, you're doing what you can to protect her"

"Yes, but at what cost? Her health?" I asked "that is the most important thing to me and if it's going to be tampered with, then I see no point in doing all of this, I can't hold on anymore"

"She will be fine, that I promise you," He said "but it'll be the opposite for you if you decide to stop now. just give it a little more time,"

"But why do I have to keep waiting when I can bring everything to an end right now? I could just-"

He cut me off "well, You know very well who you're dealing with, so losing control over yourself would be like shooting yourself in the leg just when you're about to cross the finish line," He replied, and again, he was right "you have to be patient. I know Waiting is painful, testing and arduous. I know you're restless, but when it finally rains after months of blazing heat, the feeling is too miraculous to capture in words, the relief that comes with it makes up for all the trouble one had to through,"