Chapter 28 - Guardian angel

👀 are we awake????

Aya

"Please change this to Nude" I politely asked my makeup artist who finished slaying my face a few minutes ago, referring to my lipstick color.

I was on set for a photo shoot with oriflame to promote their two brand new perfumes that were yet to be released; Possess and possess the secret.

Everyone knows I'm such a sucker for perfumes, and I thought I had found just the perfect scent with Hugo boss, but wallahi, possess the Secret put me on pause. There's just something about it! The fusion of blackcurrant, golden apple accord and sandalwood just smells so divine, like some kind of love potion that is sure to drive you insane. It's a floral fruity and woody scent that lasts for 48 hours. I had been tripping over that perfume ever since I got a sample, so obviously I couldn't stop smiling during that shoot because I knew I'd be going back home with a good number of it's bottles.

Possess is great too, but It had a strong smell of pineapple lingering around it, and that was a total turn off for me.

"Done!"

I smiled at the image of me that looked so much better. I had a plain white long sleeved silk gown on with a matching turban on my head, so the red lipstick looked really loud, like it would take the attention away from the perfume bottle, which was baby pink with touches of gold.

"Not to brag but we look like literal angels," Said Nourhan with a massive smile on her face as she kept on twirling and twirling in front of the full length mirror.

Nourhan sanusi is a well known 22 years old Instagram model who's well on her way to becoming my favorite person in our business world. She's so sweet, and she gives gorgeous a new meaning which isn't surprising at all considering the fact that her mother is Indian and her father is Fulani, just like mine, the only difference is that he's from Gombe and not yola.

Nourhan and I have had so many gigs and photo shoots together, more than enough for us to become best of friends but the problem is that as soon as a gig is over, I'd never see her again until another one that requires both of us comes up. She just disappears, and I don't even have her phone number, I asked for it once and never got it. sometimes I think she just doesn't like me or want me in her life, but the way she gets so excited and treats me whenever we have to work together makes me realize that she does, she just has a different way of socializing with friends and people in general.

"Just look at God's creation!" She gushed once again.

"don't go and fall Nouri, all this twirling will make you dizzy" I chuckled.

"I know, it's just that I look awesome" she giggled, and then ran to throw herself on her makeup artist, who's was a man.

I'm not one to judge people but how can a girl comfortably hug a non mahram?

"Nourhan!" I warned, as usual.

"What?"

"Really? Hugging a non-mahram? Again?" I raised an eyebrow.

She rolled her eyes "it's just a hug Aya"

"It's not just a hug, it's a hug with a non-mahram"

"A hug is a hug"

"And jahannam is jahannam"

She chuckled "you're too extreme"

"I'm not. You've just surrounded yourself with so much haram that you feel restricted and embarrassed by doing or admitting the right things" I replied "you're 22 for Allah's sake, when exactly will you learn? You know the punishment for touching a man that isn't Halal for you, yet you still do it without a single care in this world"