Chapter 44 - The return

Layla

"Here's your water babe"

I took a seat next to Hafeez on the bed as I handed him the glass filled with the cold water he asked me to get for him. He muttered a quick thank you in response and took the water, which he used to swallow the two painkillers he held in his hands before laying down again.

He had a bit down ever since Aya left the house, having constant headaches and not interested in literally anything, he became a boring version of himself, but that was nothing I couldn't handle and or fix, just that I had to put in so much more effort and act like I actually care.

That aside though, Revenge surely is the sweetest morsel to the mouth that ever was cooked in hell.

I Honestly never dreamed a day like that would arrive so soon, or imagined that my plans would eventually manifest and be exactly as I wanted them to. It all seemed like a dream that was too good to be true, but after pinching myself multiple times and doing whatever I could that would make me wake up if I were sleeping, I realized that it was all real. That dream was my reality, and it was so sweet, probably sweeter than any fairytale dream I've ever had right from when I was 5 years old to this moment right here.

This is a quick reminder to never under-estimate your effort, no matter how small it turns out to be. Every effort, be it little or great, is a step closer towards the actualisation of your dreams, so keep pushing, and one day, you'll surely get there.

So, not to brag but I've never been one to do things by myself since I always had people to them for me, but for once in my life, I could actually relate to that saying 'the fruit of your own labor is sweeter'. Aya has undoubtedly caused me so much problems in my life, she ruined the entire structure of my plans and became a very stubborn thorn in my flesh, whatever it is I wanted to execute, she was always there to block it, and she kept doing the same until she pushed me to the bottom of the barrel, and I must admit, she would've won at that point, but unfortunately she made a huge mistake by thinking that to be the end. She was oblivious to the fact that I wasn't one to go down so easily, and that by pushing me to that bottom, she left me with no choice but to go back up, hence giving me more strength than I had before.

I can't lie though, it wasn't easy. Getting so far ahead of Aya wasn't an easy thing to do, it was even impossible at some point, she was too much of a powerful competitor to beat one on one, so the only option I had was to use her to beat her at her own game, which sounds confusing but let me explain; I knew I couldn't come between Aya and Hafeez by my usual conspiracies like I had been doing before, so I had to gaslight her into doing that by her own self. I was very much aware of how much she resented me, so I used that resentment to my advantage by using it to trigger her whenever I pretended to want 'peace' with her. That part was so easy though, because she has a problem with controlling her emotions, be it happiness, sadness and especially anger. She totally loses her mind when she's angry and probably has no idea what she's doing, and that's what I used to achieve my goal.

The hard part was the amount of time I had to wait before it all fell into place. I had to endure watching her and Hafeez live their best lives in the most exotic parts of this world all alone, I had to live with the fact that they were getting so much closer despite all the effort I had been putting into pushing them far away from each other, and the worst of them all, I was so scared that she'd return heavily pregnant, which would've seriously damaged things for me since Hafeez has always wanted a child, he might not have said it openly but that was his dream, so of course, If she had carried his baby, his happiness would've overpowered his anger whenever I did something, but you see, God is great because that didn't happen.