81

Kimora's POV

"Here we are." I say as we park outside some house in Miami.

We're in Miami for our next game against France and today's our off day so i'm going on the I Am Athlete Podcast.

The I Am Athlete Podcast is a podcast hosted by former NFL players Brandon Marshall, Chad Johnson, Fred Taylor, and Channing Crowder.

After the car is parked my mom's, Charlie, Kyra, and I get out of the car then we head up to the house.

Once at the house I knock on the door then I pick up Charlie.

"Yes?" Some lady says.

"I'm Kimora Heath." I say.

"Ah yes." The lady says. "Come on in."

I nod then my family and I walk into the house.

"Ra Ra." Charlie says.

"Sup Munchkin." Kyra says.

"Big." Charlie says then she points to the interior of the house

"This is a big house." Kyra says as we get to the living room.

Charlie looks around the house then she gets bored so she starts poking me and Kyra.

"Don't make us get the tickle monster." Kyra and I say then we playfully squint at our sister.

Charlie giggles then she pokes me and Kyra so my twin and I act like we're gonna bite her fingers.

"Alright Charlie." Mom says as she grabs her only biological daughter. "I'll save you before you lose your fingers."

Charlie nods then she rests her head on Mom's shoulder.

After Charlie is secure in Mom's arms, we all meet the dude's I'm being interviewed by then the five of us sit down.

"Be careful with with your ear." Mama says.

"I will Mama." I say then some lady puts a mic on my Toronto Raptors Vince Carter purple jersey.

"Thank you." Mama says then my Mom's kiss my head before they go sit down with Kyra and Charlie.

Once my Mom's are sat down the four dudes who are interviewing me today intro their podcast.

"Joining us today is United States Women's National Team right-back Kimora Heath." Brandon says. "Kimora thanks for joining us today."

"Thanks for having me." I say.

"First thing I wanna ask you is about Jake Paul." Fred says.

"Who?" I ask.

"You don't know who that is?" Brandon asks.

I shake my head no then look at my twin.

"It's the dude who dm'd you to spar during the April friendly camp." Kyra says.

"Oh." I say. "Fuck that guy."

"You sparred him?" Chad Johnson asks and I nod.

"And I knocked him out within 20 seconds." I say. "He's ass at boxing."

"Jake said YouTube is harder than boxing."

"Then he ain't boxing properly." I say.

The conversation moves on to my title fight and we talk about that for a while until we move on to football.

"What was it like being named team captain at only 19?" Channing asks.

"It was weird." I admit. "My good friend Becky Sauerbrunn told the coaching staff that she wanted me to become captain and they listened so I became the captain."

"But..."

"But how am I suppose to captain and represent a country that doesn't accept me?" I say then I sigh. "But I think a lot of people of color are starting to feel like that as well."

"Welcome to being black in America." Fred says.

"I was doing some research on you and I read that after your racial abuse incident you started reading all of the racist stuff you get." Channing Crowder says

"I actually print it off and hang it in my locker." I admit. "And after we win I post the comments on line and expose the racists."

"Well that's one way to do it."

"Have your club been supportive of you during the racist stuff?" Chad asks.

"They've been great." I admit. "They've supported me through everything and helped me when I needed it."

We talk a little more about racism I've faced and racism in America then we get brought food.

"Thank you." I say.

"You're welcome." The female chef says as she hands me my Lobster Pasta w Garlic & White Wine topped w Fresh Basil & Grana Padano.

No I'm not extra.

The chef lady made this for everyone.

Once everyone, including my family and the crew, has their food, myself, Brandon, Chad, Fred, and Channing talk about random shit until we're done eating.

"Okay I gotta bring something up." Channing says after we finish eating. "You think your more athletic than a football player?"

"I think I am more athletic than an American football player, yes." I say.

"Why?"

"You'd say wide receivers and cornerbacks move the most in your sport right?" I ask.

"Probably." Fred says.

"Well they only run on average 1.25 miles per game." I say. "I average around 8.2 miles of running per game."

I knew this would come up so I did research.

"In your sport you're only moving for about 11 minutes, but in my sport I'm moving for ninety minutes or sometimes more."

"...I still think we're the only sporty ready to go to war on that field."

"You aren't going to war." I say. "You're playing a fucking game."

"It's a metaphor."

"But it's a shit metaphor." I say.

"Why'd you think it's a bad metaphor?" Brandon asks.

"In football you don't die after getting tackled." I say. "If you get hurt playing a sport then you heal your injury in some way, wether that be surgery, a point, a brace, or something else, then you rehab and either get back playing again or retire and move on with your life."

"Do you think boxing is a war?"

"I've been in a situation that was pretty close to war, but no I don't consider boxing war."

"What's the situation?"

"When I was 13 our house was broken into, my twin and I were tied up, then we watched the same woman who would later kidnap and torture us for 2 years murder our mothers before she beat my father so bad that he had no idea what happened to him or his wives and he had no idea the woman he would marry a year or two later was the woman that murdered his soulmates."

"Woah." Brandon says.

"I think that may be worse than war." Chad says.

"That's what our dad's friend's said." I admit.

"Where's your kidnapper now?" Brandon asks.

"Dead." I say. "She was killed in prison after it was revealed what she did to my twin and I."

"Damn." Channing mumbles.

"How'd your dad pass if I may ask?" Fred asks.

"Brain aneurysm." I say. "He went to bed one night and never woke up."

"I'm sorry." Fred says.

"It's okay." I say then I look at Channing. "So about my sport being better than yours."

"OH HELL NO."