137

Kimora's POV

"Twins."

"Twins."

"Twins."

"Oh please don't be dead." Maria says.

"We're not dead." I mumble. "We're tired."

"We just went to bed." Kyra says.

"You've been asleep for 8 hours." Maria says. "It's almost midnight so it's time to get up and try for the summit."

"Oh." My twin and I say.

"So get dressed then have something to eat." Maria says then she leaves our tent and heads back to her tent here at camp 4 while my twin and I get dressed.

The climb from camp 3 to camp 4 was very difficult, but mainly because we had to put on oxygen midway through the climb and we had to go slow because of all the dangerous bits.

It took us 12 hours to climb 2800 feet.

Maria said that for the rest of the climb up to the summit, we're gonna have to wear oxygen masks.

"Food time." Kyra says then the two of us snack on some stuff that'll keep us full as we summit.

Once Kyra and I are full, we finish getting dressed then we start packing our stuff.

"You got Mama's?" Kyra asks.

Our birth parents were cremated and before we came here, Kyra and I got some of our Mama's ashes and put them in a vial so we can leave part of them on the top of Everest.

"Yep." I say then we continue packing.

Once Kyra and I are finished eating, we pack up our tent, help the sherpa's pack everything, then we put on our back packs and head to Maria.

"Alright." Maria says. "You two remember what I told you about the oxygen while climbing?"

"Umm..." My twin and I say.

"We can go over it again." Maria says.

"Yes please." My twin and I say.

Maria chuckles then she goes over everything.

"Got it?"

"Yep." My twin and I say then Maria helps us put our masks on.

"Good?" Maria asks.

My twin and I give Maria a thumbs up then we turn on our head lamps.

Once everyone is ready to go, we get in a single file line then we start climbing.

Over the next 7 or so hours, we slowly and silently climb up the last 3032 feet to the summit and the whole time we're climbing I stay focused on my twin's back since she's in front of me.

Eventually I see a prayer flag so I look up and see the summit of Mt. Everest.

"Thank fuck." I mumble.

A few steps later, my twin and I finally reach the summit of Mt. Everest.

"We did it." Kyra says as she hugs me.

"Yeah we did." I say 

My twin and I hug for a few more moments then we go stand on the top of Mt. Everest and pose for pictures.

"Ready?" I ask Kyra.

My twin nods so I take out the vial contains some of our Birth Moms' ashes then we dig a hole in the snow and pour the ashes of our Mamas into the hole.