129

Kimora's POV

"I can't believe we're actually playing today's game." I say as we walk into our locker room at Soldier Field.

We're in Chicago for the second game of this international window and tonight the team's playing.

"Same." Syd says as she starts changing into her kit. "Fuck US Soccer."

"Also fuck Cameroon." I say. "Stupid bitches."

"Down Bubba." Mama says.

"Fine." I mumble. "Mama why are we playing today's game?"

"Because US Soccer is making us." Mama says.

"Even with what happened yesterday?" I question.

Yesterday, there was a protest in downtown Chicago after another unarmed black man was shot by Police.

At the protest an unarmed black civil rights activist was shot and killed by the police.

Nobody knows why he was shot since the civil rights activist was doing nothing, but speaking at a rally.

After the news broke that an unarmed black civil rights leader was shot and killed by the cops, US Soccer told us today's game is still going on.

"Even with what happened yesterday."  Mama confirms.

"Stupid US Soccer." I mumble

"I sent the statement in the group chat." Mama says.

Us women of color on the team are releasing a statement basically saying we condemn the actions of the Chicago PD, we no longer want the Chicago PD to work our games our work security when we play in Chicago and we want the current president and Vice President of US Soccer to resign for forcing us to play today's game.

All of us women of color worked on the statement earlier today.

"Thanks." The rest of us women of color say then we download the picture of the statement from the group chat.

After everyone has the statement downloaded, we post it to our various social media's then we get dressed for the game.

"So." I say after I finish getting dressed. "Watcha think about my new shirt."

"I like it." Sarah says as she looks at my shirt.

I got this shirt because the civil rights activist was murdered 74 years to the day of Fred Hampton's birth

"Me too." Sam mumbles. 

"LETS GO LADIES." One of the refs yells.

"Wait." Rose says. "We're still doing the thing in the 28th minute right?"

"Yeah." Everyone says.

"Come on Bubs." Mom says. "Let's head to the bench."

"Come on Nala." I say then Nala and I walk with Mom to the bench.