4 - Typical Bad Boy

The sunlight peeked in her bedroom window, lighting her figure. Y/N lifted her head from her pillow, her hair a complete mess. She blinked sleep from her eyes and groaned softly as she stretched her limbs. The sound of birds whistling brought a peaceful hymn to her ears as she opened her window to engulf the cool breeze. She closed her eyes yet again, the sun's waking rays warming her body.

"Y/N?" The old lady knocked on the bedroom door before opening it. With a warm smile that played on her lips and loving eyes that showed comfort, she opened her arms. Y/N smiled and went to her, engulfing her in a warm hug.

"Good morning, Grandma." She kissed her cheek. 

"Good morning to you too, sweetheart." She said and patted Y/N's head. In her arms, Y/N felt like nothing could ever hurt her. It was her safe and comforting place. Y/N's grandmother took care of her since her parents were in Japan, busy with their respective jobs. 

She always made her eat healthy food so that she could stay healthy and attend school regularly. Whenever Y/N was filled with negative thoughts about her parents, that they don't care for her as others do, her grandmother would always make her understand that they loved her but failed to devote it because of their jobs.

"I will go make breakfast. Take a shower and come down." Her grandmother said as she slightly pushed her into the bathroom. 

Y/N chuckled at her before she closed the bathroom door and started taking off her clothes. She walked into the shower and turned the water on. The hot water steam collided with her skin, releasing tension. Meanwhile, her grandmother was busy making her favorite meal. Vegetable omelet, tofu with seasoned soy sauce, rice, and kimchi. She would do anything it takes just to see her granddaughter's pretty smile. It gave her hope and let her realize she was doing a good job. 

After placing everything on the table, Y/N walked down on cue and her eyes brightened at the sight. The smell was amazing and everything looked so delicious that Y/N unintentionally started dancing. "Grandma, you're really the best." Y/N hugged her and quickly sat down excitedly. "Let's eat." She closed her eyes as she savored every spoonful of food.

"Eat a lot." Her grandmother said as she herself started eating. "How was school?" She asked before she looked at her granddaughter, trying to figure out the answer. After all, she knew Y/N too well that just by her expression, she would tell if she was okay or not.

"Well, it was nice. I got to see Areum after such a long time, I missed her a lot. I think I also might have made some new friends. They were nice and friendly." She swallowed the food in her mouth, thinking about Jay and his friends. "There's just this guy-" Y/N was about to tell her grandmother about Jay but chose not to. 

"Um? What were you saying?" Her grandmother said even though she clearly heard what she said. Now, she was curious.

"Nevermind, it's nothing." Y/N smiled and continued eating, not aware of her grandmother's furrowed eyebrows. She knew something was up but decided not to bother Y/N too much. "Thank you for the meal, Grandma. It was very delicious." She put the dirty dishes in the sink and because she had a lot of time ahead, she washed them and even put them in their respective places.

After she finished helping her grandmother, she walked up to her room to get ready for school only to notice Jay's shirt on her chair. She washed it the day before so that she could give it back to him when she went to school. 

Y/N sighed and started getting ready for school before walking down to the living room. It was still early but she decided to go out so that she could enjoy the peaceful morning. "Bye, Grandma." She said as she put her shoes on.

"Take care." Upon stepping out of the house, the weather was nice and the sky was a bright blue. It was a beautiful day. Y/N kept walking, her earphones in her ears as she listened to her favorite song. 

Drunk by Keshi.

Without even realizing it, she found herself walking through the school's gates. A few students were here and there, but it was still quiet. So, Y/N decided to go to the rooftop to enjoy the morning breeze a little more before her classes started. Not excepting a certain someone to be there.

Opening the door to the rooftop, she noticed that someone was already there. His back was facing her but she clearly knew who he was. Jay slowly turned around when she knocked on the door, giving him a sign of her presence. "I didn't know you were here." She muttered, hesitantly approaching him. 

Jay looked at her for a while before looking back at the sky without even saying a word. She rolled her eyes and sat down next to him, taking off her backpack before she opened it and got his shirt out. "Thanks for the shirt." 

He stared at his shirt before he took it and looked away again. "Sure." 

"If you want me to leave just say it." Y/N meant what she said. She wasn't one to tiptoe around situations, especially when it came to Jay.

He let out a sigh, finally tearing his gaze away from the sky to meet her eyes. "You don't have to leave," he mumbled, his tone slightly gruff.

She leaned back against the rooftop's ledge, closing her eyes while enjoying the breeze that gently caressed her face. The city's usual cacophony seemed muted up here, allowing the sounds of rustling leaves and distant traffic to create a calming backdrop. "Why did you skip classes yesterday?" She asked out of nowhere, making him shrug. "Were you too guilty to face me?"

Jay tilted his head, the usual smug expression on his face replaced by something more genuine. "I guess you could say that."

Y/N opened her eyes, turning her head to look at him. "You actually feel guilty?"

He scratched the back of his neck, shaking his head in disbelief. "Well, not often. But when I could see your bra out of your soaked shirt, I kind of felt bad."

"So you wrote me an apology note," She chuckled. "I never knew Park Jay could be such a gentleman."

"Why? What did you hear about me that made you?" He paused. "I mean, I know I'm your typical bad boy but I'm curious about what rumors have been floating around."

"You know, sleeping with half the school, street races, parties, bullying nerds." She let out a mock gasp. "You do have an interesting reputation." 

Jay leaned back, his laughter ringing out into the early morning air. "Do you believe it?" 

"That you're a self-centered prick who only cares about himself? Yes. That whenever you open your mouth sarcasm and arrogance come pouring out? Absolutely." She turned to him, amusement plastered on her face. "But you apologized for accidentally seeing my bra and that's not quite a bad boy move. So not entirely what the rumors make you out to be."

"I'll have to work extra hard to restore my bad boy image." He said and she stood up, fixing her uniform while he gazed at her. 

"I need to head to class. Don't worry, I won't spill the secret that you're actually capable of apologies." He smiled at that and she just walked away, listening to some girls laugh and squeal at a distance. She wasn't the nosy type so she didn't really care about what they were talking about, but when she heard something that caught her attention, she found herself eavesdropping.

"You slept with Jay?" One of the girls said as she stared at her friend in disbelief. "I can't believe you really did it."

"We skipped classes yesterday and went to his house." She said, checking her nails with an air of nonchalance. "He's just as amazing in bed as you'd imagine."

"Oh my god, spill all the details! What was it like? Was he, like, all rough and dominant?" Her friend smirked and Y/N turned on her heels and walked away, sparing herself from the trivial gossip. Whether it was a rumor or not, she didn't care. Not at all. 

She scoffed. Jay was indeed working hard to maintain his bad-boy image.