47 - Wake Up Or Not

"J-jay... wake up-" 

Y/N choked on her cries as she shook Jay's body. Grabbing his hand in her shaky one, she stares at him, hoping that he would open his eyes or say anything. 

However his body became cold and heavy, and Y/N couldn't stop herself from screaming in pain.

"What happened h-" Footsteps were heard before Areum and the boys walked in, widening their eyes at the sight of Y/N crying her eyes out while Jay slept in her arms. 

"Y/N!" Areum called as she rushed to her friend's side, feeling her whole body shake when her eyes landed on Jay's body. Her hands flew to her mouth as she let out a gasp and widened her eyes.

Sunghoon and the others headed towards them and that's when they felt their heart sink. 

"P-Please... please h-help him..." Y/N said as she looked back and forth between them. "He's going to die!" She screamed and cried out loud, making their heart break into pieces. 

Areum blinked the tears away when she spots Hana standing alone, staring at her mother with tearful eyes as small sobs left her lips. She rushed to her side before she held her in her arms, "Don't cry... don't c-cry..." She said, however, she wasn't able to stop the tears from falling down her cheeks. 

Before they knew it, police cars arrived at the place before police officers got out and pointed their guns at Aera's car, making her widen her eyes and raise her hands in defeat. An ambulance arrived too while Y/N was crying for help. 

"Please... pl-" She begged them before they took Jay away from her and that's when she lost it. "No! I'll c-come with him..." She shouted, and no one could stop her.

Everything around her was a blur until she realized that they were at the hospital and doctors were rushing from one room to the other. Arms held her as she collapsed on the floor, gripping the wall with hands full of blood.

"S-save him... please, save him!" She shouted and cried her heart out. 

Sunghoon who was holding her and everyone lowered their heads as they cried hard, trying their best not to break down.

With all the strength left in her, she stood up and stared at Jay from outside the glass as the tears blurred her sight. Doctors were surrounding him and everyone was rushing out and inside the room.

"Get ready for defibrillation!" One of the doctors said as he got out the electronic device. "Tell me when it reaches 200 joules."

"It's ready!"

"Step aside. Three... two... one... go!" The electric device collided with Jay's chest as it slightly raised and fell down. Again and again. "Three... two... one... go..." 

The doctor's words became mumbling to Y/N's ears as she cried and shouted, feeling her other half slowly fade away. "Don't die!" 

Her cries echoed through the hallways as Sunghoon hugged her tightly. "N-no... J-Jay... please don't die-" Y/N's body got heavier as she stopped talking and collapsed in Sunghoon's arms. 

If this is our last, I'll blame myself endlessly. It worries me... This can't be, I must tell you that I'm sorry. 

   . . .

Y/N woke up to the pungent smell of hospital disinfectant that invaded her nostrils. The room was silent apart from her heavy breathing and the beep-beep sound you often hear in hospitals that indicates you're alive. 

Her eyelids felt heavy as she tried opening them. Slowly, she squinted her eyes in an attempt to sharpen the blurred images before her. 

She glanced around and took in the deserted, blue and white color schemed hospital bedroom. 

Why am I here...?

She shut her eyes, trying to remember what had exactly happened. Then it all hit her with a bang. The memory of it all started to occupy her thoughts as she stood up and started taking off everything that was connected to her arm.

"J-Jay..." She muttered before she got off the bed and walked with uneven steps to the door. However, before she could open it, Heeseung walked in and widened his eyes at the sight of her standing up and crying.

"Y/N... you shouldn't be-"

"Is h-he okay...?" She stared at him with desperate eyes as she felt her heart beat fast. However, Heeseung blinked and tears formed in his eyes before he lowered his head. 

Y/N felt her whole body shake when she pushed past him and walked out of the room, searching for Jay everywhere. She looked everywhere around her before she spotted Areum and the guys standing far from her.

Letting a heavy breath out, she ran to them before she stood next to them, staring at where they were looking. And Y/N felt her heart break.

Jay was lying there, multiple machines connected to him as he was closing his eyes. He looked so weak and pale, almost lifeless. 

"Y/N..." Areum softly called before Y/N turned to look at her with tearful eyes. "Are y-you okay?" She asked as she examined her friend and gently placed a hand on her cheek. 

Without saying anything, she hugged Areum tightly before she broke down crying in her arms. Heeseung silently walked to them before he stood next to the guys as they stared at her, their hearts breaking. 

"It's all m-my fault..." Y/N said between her cries as she tightened her grip on Areum's arm. "I h-hate myself... for everything I did." 

"S-stop blaming yourself, Y/N..." Areum stroked her hair as she whispered comforting words. And perhaps those words were for herself and the guys too.

"Excuse me?" A voice interrupted them before they pulled away from each other and turned to the doctor with slightly wide eyes.

"Dr. Kim... how is he?" Jake asked as he stood up and walked to him. 

"Well..." The doctor cleared his throat, making their hearts beat faster as they looked at him desperately. "We performed surgery on him and we could stop the internal bleeding in his head. However..." He stopped and looked away from them.

"Right now, he's in a coma... and we don't know if he'll wake up or not." 

We don't know if he'll wake up or not.

His words replayed in her mind as she felt her legs give up on her, making her fall down on the hard and cold ground.

And it broke her.

Over and over.

A/N: Do you guys like sad endings?