41 - Birthday Guests

"Good morning, grandma!" Y/N walked upstairs before she made her way to the kitchen. Kissing her grandmother's cheek, she smiled and went to get a cup of water.

"Good morning to you too, sweetheart." Y/N's grandmother said while making breakfast before she turned to look at her granddaughter. "You're in a good mood today."

"Oh yeah, good things have been happening lately..." She let out a sigh of relief before her eyes slightly widened. 

"And it's Hana's birthday!" Y/N said with a big smile plastered on her lips, so excited. 

"Oh really?" Y/N's grandmother turned to her with a questioning look. "Oh god, I totally forgot about it." She sighed.

"Hana is going to be upset if she knows." Y/N faked a pout as she nudged her grandmother's side.

"Ah... don't blame me, I'm getting older and I tend to forget things a lot." 

"Oh right, how was your doctor's appointment? Is everything okay?" Y/N asked, peeking at her grandmother.

"Yes, they said that everything looked good. I might be old but I'm still strong and healthy." Chuckling, she showed her muscles which made Y/N laugh.

"I'm so happy to hear that. I want you to always be healthy and okay." She smiled and hugged her grandmother when Areum got out of her room.

Both of them stared at her as she yawned and scratched her head, making her way to the kitchen. Her hair and clothes were messy and it looked like she hadn't gotten a single second of sleep.

"Morning," Areum said, still yawning. Her eyes were slightly closed when she grabbed her phone and smiled like an idiot. 

"Hey... what's up?" Y/N sat down and peeked at her. "Didn't you sleep?" She asked as she examined Areum's eyebags.

"No." Areum smiled at her before she stared back at her phone's screen. "Sunghoon and I spent the whole night talking until five in the morning. We haven't even realized it was morning until we heard the birds whispering." She shook her head, the smile never leaving her lips.

"Sunghoon?" Y/N's grandmother raised an eyebrow at the sudden mention of the familiar name. "The boy you dated in High school?"

"Oh... yeah," Areum said and smiled. "We're talking again after five years so we had a lot of things to catch up-"

Y/N placed a hand on Areum's mouth and slightly glared at her before she slowly turned to look at her grandmother. "Well..." 

"What's going on?" She asked, crossing her arms to her chest.

"The thing is..." Y/N looked at her grandmother before she sighed. "We met again. After five years." She took off her hand from Areum's mouth and stood up. 

"After what happened I hated them and thought of them as liars and jerks but it turned out that everything they did was to protect us and they were still so guilty about hurting us and lying to us that way. Jay happened to be Junseok's boss and so we met and talked things out and we learned all the truth and now we're back to being friends again."

Y/N said in one breath before she started panting, and Areum and her grandmother just stared at her in surprise. 

"Yeah..." She said smiling before Areum nodded.

"Does Jay know about... Hana?" 

"No," Y/N said as she slightly shook her head no.

"Then call him and tell him to come with everyone." Y/N's grandmother said before she turned to continue making breakfast.

"What?" Areum and Y/N furrowed their eyebrows in confusion before Y/N's grandmother smiled and turned to them.

"I miss them. Let's spend Hana's birthday together. All of us."

   . . .

"It's my birthday!" Hana shouted as she bounced around the house, making everyone laugh. 

Areum and Y/N were busy preparing the decorations and her grandmother was in the kitchen, baking a birthday cake for Hana. 

Trying to stick a balloon to the wall, Y/N was struggling to extend her arm when someone came from behind, taking the balloon from her hand and sticking it to the wall. 

"Here, let me help you." Turning around slowly, her eyes met Junseok's as he smiled at her and went to grab another balloon.

That morning, Junseok came to their place to wish Hana a happy birthday. He remembered her birthday and Y/N realized how much he loved her. He was so fond of her that Y/N started wondering how she'd tell him to stop pretending to be her father.

Because it seemed that he played his role a little too perfectly.

After decorating the living room, Y/N went to help her grandmother in the kitchen while Junseok, Hana, and Areum spent some time together. Just then, the doorbell rang making Y/N turn to look at the door.

He was here.

Rushing to the door, she was about to grab the doorknob when Junseok stood beside her with a questioning look. "Who might it be?" He asked because he knew that they were usually the only ones to spend Hana's birthday together.

Y/N looked at him before she took a deep breath and opened the door, revealing seven men standing in front of them.

"Hello!" Everyone said and smiled at Y/N, taking a glance at Junseok whose eyes were slightly wide open. His eyes were glued on Jay and his eyebrow was slightly raised.

"Hi guys, come in." She said as she stepped aside and ushered them to come inside. They all walked inside however Jay stood at the door, looking at Y/N and her lover.

"Hello, Mr. Park," Junseok said before he bowed and Jay slightly nodded his head. "May I ask what you're doing here?" He asked, confusion written all over his face.

"I..." Jay started, glancing over at Y/N who was looking at him all this time. "I'm an old friend of Y/N, we all are." He smiled weakly, still looking at Y/N with unreadable eyes.

The word 'friend' hurt both of them and they knew it. However, they kept on staring at each other as their hearts beat so fast before Jay looked away and walked inside. 

Y/N could feel her heart ache a little but she shrugged it off. It was her daughter's birthday and she didn't want to ruin her happy day.

"What's going on?" Junseok turned to Y/N with a raised eyebrow. "Did you two-"

"We made up." She said as she turned to him. "Grandma told me to invite them because she missed them. And it's his daughter's birthday after all... so I thought the least I'd do is let him spend it with her."

"Did you tell him...?" He asked, his voice filled with hesitation.

"No." Y/N sighed. "But I'll have to do it... sooner or later." She said and looked at Jay who was holding Hana in his arms, a wide and warm smile plastered on his face.

Junseok turned around and stared at them as Hana giggled loudly, hugging Jay so tight before she put her head on his chest and played with his hands.

She looked so happy and safe in his arms, and they looked perfectly like a father and daughter. 

Because they were

And that made Junseok's heart break, because even if he enjoyed being Hana's fake father, he knew he had to let her go. 

And because the smile on her mother's lips as she stared at them made him realize that she hadn't moved on. 

And she'd never do.

A/N: Hey guys, hope everyone's doing great! I'll be updating a lot these coming days since I finished writing the story! So please read till the end and don't hesitate to give me some feedback! I love you all <3