44 - Messing Up

"Where's Jay?" Jungwon asked once Y/N walked back inside. She took a deep breath and tried her best not to seem too concerned.

"He had to go somewhere." She said with a fake smile before she sat down on the couch before he sat down next to her. 

"Ah... but why didn't he tell us anything?" He asked as he gave her a questioning look.

"I... I don't know. Maybe he had to leave quickly." Y/N said and looked down at her fidgeting fingers. 

Jungwon nodded his head and decided not to bother her with questions before he looked at his friends who were still playing with Hana. "She's cute."

Y/N smiled as she looked at her daughter having fun. "Thank you for coming today, it made her so happy." 

"Of course we'd come, we were so excited to know that it was her birthday." He chuckled and shook his head. "But Jay was the most excited one between us. He went to the toys store and was about to buy everything for her."

Jungwon laughed while a small smile found its way on her lips. "He's too kind." She said as she stared at all the gifts Jay got for Hana.

"He just loves you too much." He said, making Y/N look at him. "And it seems that he loves Hana a lot too."

Y/N's eyes glistened before she looked away, trying to hide the tears. Just then, she heard Hana laugh before she called her.

"Mommy, look what uncle Junseok did!" 

And that's when everything stopped around them. Jungwon and everyone stared at Hana before they looked at Y/N, eyes wide open.

"Uncle...?" Jungwon repeated, his eyebrows furrowed.

"No it's..." Y/N stopped when Areum and her grandmother came out of the kitchen, Hana rushing to their side. They knew things were going to mess up. "That's not-"

Before she could talk, Heeseung scoffed, making everyone look at him. "I knew something was wrong." He said and looked at Junseok with a raised eyebrow. "You're not her father, right?" 

Junseok panicked and looked everywhere but Heeseung's eyes as he felt his hands shaking. "The thing is-" He looked at Y/N who was looking at him with teary eyes.

"Junseok..." She called but he closed his eyes and nodded his head.

"That's right. I'm not her father." He said and everyone's eyes went wide open as a tear fell down Y/N's cheek. 

"And you and Y/N are not together?" Jungwon asked before Junseok nodded his head, making them sigh heavily.

"Don't tell me..." Jungwon placed a hand on his mouth in shock as his eyes widened.

"You're right." Y/N chuckled lowly, wiping her tears away. "Jay is her father." She said, looking at them with desperate eyes as they stared at her in disbelief.

"But you know what? I was afraid. I found out that I was pregnant just after breaking up with Jay and was too scared because I thought if I told him, he was going to reject me and I wouldn't have been able to live a single moment knowing that my child's father didn't want us." 

Heeseung's eyes softened as he stared at Y/N whose eyes were filled with tears. 

"When I first met Jay after five years, I thought he'd hate me for still giving birth to her without him knowing. I wanted to protect my child at all costs, so I asked Junseok to pretend to be her father." 

Junseok lowered his head and looked down. 

"It's not his fault, I'm the one at fault here. I didn't want to lie to you but I was scared and had to do anything to protect my daughter. Even if it was keeping her away from her own father."