18 - Friends Forever

Birds whistled as the gentle breeze played with the green leaves, making the trees dance in slow motion. Flowers were fully awake, shining brightly under the sunlight. 

It was a peaceful morning, and everyone was still in their rooms. 

Y/N's eyes slowly opened, adjusting to the bright light coming from the window nearby. Closing her eyes once again, she smiled at the warmth that surrounded her body and at the arm that was wrapped around her waist. 

Slowly turning around, she was met by his angelic face. He was sleeping peacefully, his beautiful lashes resting on top of his closed eyes. 

Y/N fought the urge to kiss them, afraid she'd wake him up. 

Instead, she placed her hand on his cheek, stroking it softly. Remembering what happened the night before, she slightly blushed before she realized that she was still naked. She was about to get out of the bed when Jay tightened his grip on her waist, pulling her to him.

Was he awake all this time?

His eyes opened as he smiled warmly at Y/N. "Good morning." He said with his deep morning voice making Y/N feel butterflies in her stomach. "Did you sleep well?"

Y/N just nodded, too embarrassed to talk. Jay stared at her for a while before he kissed the tip of her nose and put his head in the crook of her neck, smelling her sweet scent.

"Thank you." He said as Y/N placed her hand on his head, softly caressing his hair. "Thank you for letting me be your first time..." He stopped before he lifted his head and stared right into her eyes. 

"And for letting me show you... how much I love and adore you."

A soft red crept on Y/N's cheeks which made him chuckle before he pulled her to him and kissed her forehead. "You're mine, Y/N." Her heartbeat got faster at what he said as she looked at him with utter affection. "And from now on, I won't let anyone hurt you. Never."

"I love you." She said and closed her eyes, enjoying every second along with him. "Being with you like this... it makes me so happy..."

Jay smiled warmly and kissed her one last time. "I love you too, Y/N."

After taking a shower and getting ready, Y/N slowly unlocked the room's door before she stepped out. She could hear voices as she made her way downstairs. Jay was still showering so she decided not to wait for him, and instead head to her friends.

"Good morning, Y/N!" Jake shouted from the kitchen, making everyone turn to her. "How do you feel?" He asked as he rushed to her, making her sit on the empty chair next to Areum who looked at Y/N worriedly.

"I'm fine... sorry for worrying you." She said and turned to Areum with a smile, telling her that she was better.

"We're glad you're better," Jungwon said and the rest of the boys nodded and smiled at her.

"How about..." She started, making everyone stop eating and look at her. "How about Yejoon?"

"Don't worry, he's not going to come near you ever again. You have us and Jay, we'll keep you safe no matter what." Heeseung said which warmed Y/N's heart.

"By the way, where's Jay?" Sunoo asked which made her widen her eyes. Her cheeks started getting red as she tried hiding her face from embarrassment.

"Oh? Why are you blushing?" Areum asked as Y/N looked at her and tried to shut her up but she just kept talking. "You guys spent the night toge-"

Placing her hand on Areum's mouth as quickly as possible, Y/N laughed awkwardly. "Ah... He was too worried and so we... we-"

"We slept together." Y/N widened her eyes as Jay made his way through the kitchen and kissed her cheek, which made her blush.

"Woah, you're really something," Jake said and clapped, while Jay just chuckled to himself and sat next to Y/N. He looked at her with loving eyes and smiled, the furious and hurt look he had on the night before all gone by now.

"Ah Y/N, yesterday I called your grandmother and told her that we're fine and that we're staying here. She asked about you and I told her you were too tired so you slept." Areum said as she kept on eating. "She said that it's okay, so don't worry."

"Really?" Y/N pouted and hugged her friend. "Thank you, Areum." She smiled.

"You're so lucky, Y/N," Heeseung said as he stared back and forth at Y/N and Areum. "I'd do anything to have a friend like Areum." 

Y/N chuckled and nodded. "I know right, she's the best."

"Stop it, you're making me blush," Areum said before looking at all of them. "I'm happy and grateful I got to have you as my friends too." She said as she smiled at Heeseung and the rest of the boys.

"Let's be friends forever," Y/N said, half-jokingly and half-heartedly. She hoped to spend all her teenage days and the rest of her life with them, the persons that make her happy and care for her. 

But as she looked at them, something made her feel that it wouldn't last that long.

   . . .

"I'm sorry I wasn't with you yesterday, I should have gone after you," Areum said as she and Y/N made their way back home. After spending some time with the boys, they decided it was time to go back. 

"It's not your fault, Areum." Y/N sighed before smiling at her friend. "If anything it's Yejoon's fault, so don't beat yourself about it."

"Are you really okay?" Areum asked as they walked side by side.

"Well... I'm trying." She said honestly because there was no reason to lie. "But after spending the night with Jay, I guess I'm better." She blushed a little as she remembered her night with Jay. 

"He made me feel better about myself..."

Areum stopped and looked at her in suspicion. "No," She said before she widened her eyes. "Don't tell me you-"

"Right." Y/N stopped and turned to face her. "We did it." 

Areum gasped and put her hands over her mouth. "It was your first time..." 

"Yes, and I'm happy that it was with him," Y/N said and Areum could see how genuine her reply was. 

"I love him, so much. And this is the first time someone makes me feel this lovable. He makes me happy... I can't really explain but I feel complete with him."

Areum smiled warmly at her before hugging her. "I'm happy for you." She said before pulling away, still placing her hands on Y/N's shoulders. "If he makes you feel this way, then that's all that matters." 

From the way he stares at her, the way he cares about her, the way he smiles when he's with her... and the way she's happy with him.

Areum knew that they truly loved each other, and there was no going back.