20 - Just A Bet

As class ended, Jay and the boys headed to the school's garden before they sat on one of the bunches. Y/N and Areum headed out to get some snacks for everyone before they'll return and spend time together. 

"Why do you guys seem so depressed?" Jake said half-jokingly as he stared at Jay and Sunghoon. "They just went to grab something and they will return. Why do you make it seem like they're gone forever?" He scoffed before Sunghoon and Jay looked at him with a glare.

"We got so much closer these past few days," Heeseung said and smiled. "They're funny and nice, so it's impossible not to like them." He added as Jake chuckled.

"I can't believe it all started with a stupid bet." He said as he shook his head.

"So that's how it is..." The voice from behind made them widen their eyes before they turned around. Jay's expression hardened when his gaze landed on Yejoon's evil smirk. 

"I can't deny it... you really fooled me." He said and started clapping at them.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Jay said with gritted teeth as his hands formed tight fists. 

"I was just passing by when I saw my beloved cousin." He smiled and looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "And then I heard something interesting... so it was all a bet?"

Jay's heart beat faster as he turned to Jake who stared at him with an apologetic expression. But it wasn't his fault, that was the truth.

"Yes, that's right." He said, making the other guys turn to him in confusion. "It was all a bet. A fun game me and my friends played." He said as his heart ached at what he said.

"Oh really?" Yejoon stared at him with an intense stare before he nodded. "Then prove it." Jay furrowed his eyebrows at what his cousin said. 

"You already won, so it's about time you let her know that you were just playing with her... just like you do every time." He said the last part and glared at him.

All of them started panicking as they spot Y/N and Areum coming their way, laughing and giggling, not aware of what was happening. 

And as Jay turned to her, he knew the decision he had to make.

Y/N looked their way before she noticed Yejoon, and that's when her legs started weakening. Flashbacks started haunting her as her heartbeat increased and her breathing got heavier. 

The only thing she needed at that time was to be in Jay's arms, to feel safe and loved.

But Jay made his mind, and Yejoon crossed his arms to his chest, excited to see him break her heart. Or more specifically, for Jay's heart to break.

Taking a deep breath, Jay looked at the guys, letting them know that whatever he did, it was for the best. He turned around and started walking to Y/N, but instead of embracing her and letting her know that it was okay, he stood in front of her and stared at her coldly.

"Jay..." She called and was about to hug him when he grabbed her hands and scoffed. Y/N stared at him in confusion as she furrowed her eyebrows. "What's wrong?"

Staring at her intensely, his eyes betrayed him as they shed one single tear that fell down his cheek. He pushed her hands away and rolled his eyes. "I can't keep doing this anymore." He said and turned around as Y/N stared at him with worry written on her face.

"What's wr-"

"This," he pointed between them. "This is what's wrong." Y/N was taken aback by his sudden change as she stared at him in disbelief. He took one last breath before he looked at her again. 

"Did you really believe I'd fall for someone like you?" He said and laughed while Areum and the guys stared at him, not understanding anything anymore.

Y/N kept looking at him as her eyes slightly widened and her heart ached. And by the look on her face, he knew he fucked up and there was no going back. 

Turning to his friends, he chuckled and shook his head. "I never loved you, Y/N. You were just a stupid bet me and the guys made." He said before he turned to her. 

Her eyes were tearing up as she stared at him in disbelief and at that moment, he fought the urge to hug her and wipe her tears. 

"You know, just to get into your pants-" A loud slap was heard before Jay touched his cheek, slightly scoffing. I deserve more. He lifted his head up before meeting her eyes, if only he didn't. 

Her eyes were red and the tears uncontrollably fell down her cheeks as she stared at him with utter hatred. Breathing heavily, she wiped her tears off and turned around when she realized that students gathered around them. 

Looking at Jay one last time, she glared at him. "I hate you." She said and with that, she started running away as the tears blinded her view.

People stared at her as she ran like a crazy person, but that didn't matter anymore. Nothing did. All she wanted to do was disappear. The wind hitting her face, she didn't even know where her legs were getting her. 

Reaching her unknown destination, she crouched down as she caught her breath and started crying again. Everything happened so fast that she couldn't understand but now it was clear. 

Jay was playing with her feelings and she blindly fell for him. 

And then it started; her blaming herself. Everything became her fault and she started hating herself for it.

Sighing heavily, she tilted her head up and looked at the sky as she remembered the fake memories they all made. Everything seemed so perfect but ended so soon.

She closed her eyes, feeling the wind playing with her hair, a single thought on her mind.

Because I'm not the type of person someone falls in love with.

A/N: This book is just... ugh. Anyways, hope you like it <3