42 - Decisions

"Hello." 

Everyone bowed politely to Y/N's grandmother as they stood there, their heads hung low. They were too ashamed that they couldn't look her in the eyes. 

"It's been a while." She said, softly smiling at them. She stared at them with eyes full of love and affection, feeling her eyes brim with tears. 

She couldn't believe that the young boys that she adored grew up very well and became such good-looking men. 

For her, they were still the joyful seven boys who came into her and her granddaughter's life and made it so much more meaningful.

"I missed you a lot." She said, making them raise their heads and look at her with slightly wide eyes. 

Just then, she opened her arms still smiling at them before they rushed to her and engulfed her in a tight hug, the tears falling down their cheeks. "We missed you too..." Jungwon said, smiling sadly.

While they went and hugged her, Jay was still standing there. He kept looking at them before they pulled away from each other and Y/N's grandmother turned to him.

Taking a deep breath, he took slow steps until he stood in front of her. And before she could say anything, he got on his knees making everyone widen their eyes.

"I apologize... for what I did to your granddaughter. I'm so sorry." He said and Y/N's eyes glistened as he lowered his head, his face holding an apologetic expression.

Her grandmother sighed before she placed a hand on his shoulder, ushering him to stand up. And when he did, she looked at him with warm eyes and smiled.

"I know what you did back then hurt Y/N a lot. However," she turned to Y/N before she continued. "You loved her, right? Truly." 

Jay didn't hesitate a single second as he nodded. "Yes."

"At first when Y/N came back home crying, I knew something happened between you two, but I couldn't believe that your love was just a lie. Because anyone could see your love for her."

Y/N stared at Jay as he turned and glanced over at her. A sad smile found its way on his lips before he sighed and looked away.

"That's why I never hated you. I knew you had your reasons and hoped that you two will make up and get together again. Because your love is stronger and purer than anything in this world."

Jay tried his best not to let his tears fall but a single tear betrayed him and rolled down his cheek. 

And just then, gentle arms embraced him as Y/N's grandmother hugged him close and softly stroked his hair.

Even after many years, he was still the boy who sought comfort and love. The boy whose heart was fragile and broken.

   . . .

Everyone was enjoying themselves and Hana had the time of her life. 

Usually, her birthday was a little party between her mother, Areum, Junseok, and her grandmother. But having many people wish her a happy birthday really made her happy. 

The people that she loved more than anything.

It was just a matter of time before she opened up to the boys and eventually, they found themselves creating a sweet bond with her. They played together and Hana was happier than ever.

Staring at her with warm eyes, Y/N smiled before she felt someone staring at her. And when she turned her head, she realized that Junseok was gazing at her all along. 

"What?" She muttered as she raised her eyebrows.

"You look happy." He said and smiled. 

"I am. It's my daughter's birthday and I'm surrounded by the persons I love the most. Of course, I'm happy." A chuckle left her lips as she smiled.

"I'm glad you are." He looked right into her eyes and smiled back at her. 

After a short moment of silence, he looked down and took a deep breath. "So everything will end, right?" He said when Y/N looked at him in confusion.

"Our fake relationship." 

"Oh..." Y/N looked away at Jay who was staring at his daughter, a warm smile plastered on his face. 

"You two made up. It's obvious that you love each other so much and I feel like I'm stopping you from being together." He sighed and looked down, making Y/N feel a little sad.

Just then, she grabbed his hands and made him look at her. "Thank you, Junseok. You helped me all this time and you've been by my side whenever I needed help. I'm so grateful to you." She smiled warmly and Junseok couldn't stop staring at her.

If he looked at her any longer, he would fall in love with her all over again and find it hard to let her go. So, gently taking off his hands off her, he smiled sadly.

"I'm glad I got to help you, Y/N. Now it's time for you to be happy with the man you love." He smiled so wide but his eyes were so sad and Y/N could feel her heart ache.

She wrapped her arms around him and gave him one last hug before she pulled away and looked away. Glancing over at Jay, her eyes slightly widened when she realized he was staring at her all this time.

It was time to explain everything.

No more lies to hide and no more heartbreaks.

Just when she was about to walk to him, his phone started ringing before he placed it next to his ear. 

"Hello?" Y/N could hear him say when his eyes suddenly widened as he furrowed his eyebrows and said in a hesitant voice;

"Yejoon?"