26 - Unexpected Reunion

"Hana, be a good girl and listen to your grandmother while I'm away okay?" Y/N stroked her daughter's hair and smiled.

"Yes, mommy!" Hana smiled and kissed her mother's cheek before she went to her grandmother and stood next to her, waving goodbye to Y/N.

"Alright, see you later!" She chuckled and waved goodbye to them.

"Take care and be careful!" Her grandmother said as she nodded and walked away. 

Y/N headed out and started walking to university as she enjoyed the gentle breeze that played with her hair. It was Monday morning and everyone was going either to work, to school, or just woke up early and decided to go on a walk.

She smiled and stared at the beautiful bright sky, just like her younger self did. 

As she kept on walking, the sound of a car's horn woke her up from her trance and the sight of a familiar car made her sigh in relief.

A man got out of the driver's seat before he closed the door behind him and smiled at Y/N. He was tall and handsome, Y/N couldn't deny that she found him good-looking the first time they met at the university.

"Good morning, Y/N." He said as he stood in front of her with his charming smile and beautiful eyes.

"Good morning to you too, Junseok." She said and smiled back at him.

Junseok was a close friend of Y/N. They met at university when she was struggling with the directions and he was kind enough to show her the way to class. Both of them ended up taking the same course and that's when they got closer. 

He always helped her when she was struggling and was a person Y/N could count on. 

"How's Hana doing?" Junseok asked and Y/N told him she was doing good.

He knew that Y/N was a single mother and he never judged her for it, instead his respect for her grew and he promised to be by her side whenever she was going through hard times. 

Junseok and Hana met from time to time and they all spent time together. People often mistook them for a family and Y/N usually had to explain that he was just her friend which made him feel a little sad. 

He did like her. A lot.

But Y/N wasn't aware of his feelings for her since he never had the courage to confess, knowing too well what happened to her back in high school and how she wasn't ready to trust anyone with her love.

"Come on, let me drop you by the university," Junseok said before Y/N waved her hands in front of him. 

"No, it's fine. You have to go to work." She shook her head and smiled. "I will just take a cab." 

"It's okay. I'll just drop you and go. Hop in." He opened the car's door and ushered her to get in. Y/N chuckled, giving up as she got in the car. He got in before they wore their seatbelts and started driving.

"How's work going?" Y/N asked.

"It's okay, I guess. Since I'm an intern I should make more efforts and learn more about the company I'm working at, but the employees are kind and they'd help whenever I need it. I like working there." Junseok said as he smiled and kept his eyes on the road.

"You're working really hard." She patted his head and smiled. "I'm glad you like it."

Junseok's cheeks turned a soft shade of red as he cleared his throat and thanked her, his heart about to burst out of his chest. 

She always makes him feel things and she doesn't even have an idea about it.

The car stopped in front of Pusan National University as Y/N unbuckled her seatbelt and opened the door before she got out and turned to Junseok with a smile.

"Thank you for dropping me by."

"You're welcome. Have a nice day." He waved her goodbye as she did the same.

"You too."

Junseok then drove away as Y/N stared at him until his car got out of view. Sighing and smiling to herself, she turned around and made her way to the university.

Y/N studied Business Management for three years and was about to graduate. Few months left and she would have to find a job, hopefully like Junseok's. 

For the whole day, she attended lectures and did a presentation with her group about a company that was assigned to them. And before she knew it, it was time to go back home. But Y/N had other plans in mind. 

Before going back home, she decided to drop by the company that Junseok was working in, Park Hotels Co. 

He never hesitated to come to her wherever she was and was always there for her when she needed help or just someone to count on. But today, she decided to be the one waiting for him, with the thought of asking him out for a friendly dinner.

"Hey Areum," Y/N said as she placed the phone to her ear. "How's Hana?" 

"Oh hi Y/N. Hana is at home with your grandmother. She spent some time with me at the shop and soon got tired so they went back home. I think she's sleeping." 

"That's a relief." Y/N sighed in relief as a small smile crept on her lips. 

"Are you coming back home?" Areum asked.

"No, I'm meeting with Junseok. I think we'll have dinner first and then I'll be back." She said as she stood there looking up at the huge building in front of her. "I'm in front of the company he works at, he told me that he finishes work early today so he'll probably be out in five minutes or so."

"I see," Areum said and Y/N could feel her smirk. "Junseok is a nice guy. Anyways, enjoy your date lovely." 

"Wait no, it's not a-" Before she could finish her words, Areum had already hung up. "date." Y/N sighed and shook her head, the smile still on her lips.

But the moment she turned her head, her smile dropped and her heart started beating faster as she took a step backward. The sight of six men staring at her made her eyes widen as the memories flooded through her mind.

No way. It can't be.

Sunghoon, Heeseung, Jake, Sunoo, Jungwon, Niki... 

They weren't the six boys Y/N used to know anymore, all their childish traits were erased. They weren't dressed in casual clothes like they used to do, instead, they wore formal clothes and wore serious expressions instead of the goofy smiles they used to have.

As they stood there, staring at her in shock, Y/N realized she wasn't the only one that felt that. She changed too. A lot.

It's been five years after all.

"Y/N...?" She froze in her place. That voice... the voice that called her name, she knew it very well.

Slowly turning around, she breathed heavily when his eyes met with hers. Those warm eyes that used to look at her with utter love and affection, and the same ones that looked at her coldly as it all turned out to be a lie. 

"J-Jay..."