49 - Finally, A Family

"I'm... not leaving anywhere, Y/N."

Y/N's eyes widened as she froze in her place. Her heart skipped a beat at the voice she longed for so much. 

His voice.

Slowly raising her head, her eyes met him and everything around her stopped. Nothing mattered anymore, only the fact that he was awake and alive.

"J-jay-" She choked on her sobs as she placed a trembling hand on her mouth. Tears uncontrollably fell down her cheeks as she cried harder.

"You w-woke up..." She said, still not believing that he finally regained his consciousness.

Jay felt a single tear fall down his cheek as he stared at her with a weak smile. "How... have you been?" And at that, Y/N couldn't stop herself from putting her head on his stomach as she let out muffled cries.

"Don't c-cry..." He said as he stroked her hair, however, he himself couldn't stop his tears. "I'm here... it's okay."

Y/N raised her head and slightly shook her head.

"I need to call the d-doctors-" She was about to walk away when he grabbed her hand, making her stop in her place as she turned to him.

"They know..." He smiled weakly and continued, "I woke up yesterday."

Y/N looked at him in confusion as her eyes brimmed with tears. "But-"

"I could hear everything you said... and I could feel your hand on mine." He closed his eyes and remembered the feeling he felt. "It was so warm..."

"J-jay..." She called softly.

"I felt so sad when your hand slipped away from mine... and when you left, I- I found myself slowly waking up." He gently pulled her to him as he extended his hand to her face. 

"They wanted to call you but I knew that you were so tired..." Slowly placing his hand on her cheek, he wiped away her tears. 

"Look at you..." He stroked her cheek as she gently grabbed his hand. "What have you done to yourself?"

"N-nothing..." Y/N lowered her head, not able to look him in the eyes.

"Exactly..." He said, making her raise her head slowly. "You seem like you haven't eaten anything for the past few days... you look so tired and weak-"

"I was so worried about you that I couldn't do anything!" She stared at him as the tears fell down her cheeks. "I r-regret everything I did and I couldn't live with all that g-guilt..."

She stopped as she sobbed quietly before she said, "I couldn't live knowing that you h-hated me until your l-last breath-"

"I never hated you, Y/N..." He said and tears formed in his eyes as he stared at her with a sad smile. "I can never hate you... you're my everything."

"J-jay..." She softly called, taking his hand in hers.

"If anything, I love you the most... and I always will. You're..." He smiled and pulled her to him, whispering the words, "the love of my life."

And just then, Y/N hugged him tightly, as if she was afraid he'd vanish away from the world. 

"I'm s-sorry Jay... I'm sorry for everything I did- for all the hurtful things I s-said and for all the heartbreaks I caused... I'm s-sorry for everything." 

Jay closed his eyes and put his head in the crook of her neck as he smelled the scent that always made his heart skip a beat. "And I'm sorry for everything I did too..."

They cried in each other's arms as Jay patted her back and she held him tightly.

"Let's... start everything over." He said, making her pull away and look right into his eyes. "I want to be a part of your life... you and Hana." 

Y/N stared at him with glistening eyes, a warm smile creeping on her lips. 

Grabbing her hands, he smiled at her. "So let's forget everything and start anew."

Nodding her head as the tears found their way down her cheeks, she hugged him tightly and whispered the words she always wanted to tell him,

"I love you, Jay. And I'll never stop loving you. Ever."

   . . .

After some time, Y/N had fallen asleep on Jay's lap as he softly stroked her hair and weakly smiled at the sight of her dark eye bags.

She must have been so worried...

"J-jay...?" 

A voice woke him from his trance as he looked at the door, his breath caught. Tears brimmed in his eyes as they slightly widened at the sight of the people he loved standing in front of his room.

"Jay!" 

Heeseung, Sunghoon, Jake, Jungwon, Sunoo, Niki, Areum, Y/N's grandmother, and Hana. All of them made their way in with bouquets of flowers in their hands and eyes full of tears.

Y/N slowly opened her eyes and stood up, staring at them with a weak smile. "You're here." She said and turned to Jay with a warm smile. "I called them earlier... they were so wor-" 

Interrupting her, all the guys rushed to Jay's side before they engulfed him in a tight group hug. He felt the tears fall down his cheeks as he heard them crying and sobbing.

"We were so worried..." Jungwon said between his sobs before Jay patted his back. 

"You know we can't live without you!" 

"I'm here," He said as they pulled away from him and wiped their tears. "I'm sorry for worrying you..."

"How do you feel?" Sunoo asked as he and Niki stood next to his bed.

"I have a slight headache... but I feel much better. I really thought I was going to die..." He chuckled lowly making them glare at him.

"Don't say that... Hyung, we missed you so much," said Niki as he smiled sadly at Jay. "This was the worst thing that ever happened in our lives..."

"You scared us to death!" 

They all turned to see Areum, her eyes full of tears. A sob left her mouth before she rushed to Jay's side, pushing Sunoo and Niki. 

Engulfing him in a tight hug, she cried in his arms. "I was so afraid that you'll leave Y/N and Hana alone..." 

Y/N stared at her friend as a tear fell down her cheek.

Jay hugged Areum back and smiled. "I would never leave them alone. Never."

She wiped her tears and sniffled before Y/N's grandmother walked to him, holding Hana by her hand. She looked at him with warm eyes before she let out a sigh of relief.

"I'm so glad you woke up... " Grabbing her hand, he slightly nodded and smiled warmly at her before he looked at Hana. And his heart skipped a beat.

"Hana..." He softly called, making the little girl look into his eyes. "Come here..." He patted the empty place next to him before she sat down and stared at him once again. 

And before he knew it, she hugged him tightly and put her head on his chest. 

"Are you okay, uncle Jay?" She asked shyly, making everyone smile sadly at them.

Jay smiled at her as he shook his head. "Hana..." He softly stroked her hair and said, "don't call me uncle." 

She looked at him and confusion was written all over her small face.

"From now on... call me dad." He said and her eyes widened.

Turning to her mother, Hana asked as a smile found its way on her lips, "He's my dad?" 

Y/N wiped the tears away from her cheek and smiled warmly at Hana before she turned to Jay, her heart finally healing.

"Yes, sweetheart... He's your dad."