29 - His Point Of View

"We have now arrived, Busan, South Korea. I hope you had a fun flight with us..." the stewardess said but it turned into mumblings since Jay wasn't paying much attention to it.

It's been four years already.

He sighed as he looked at his phone, the picture of nine teenagers smiling happily showing up. A sad smile found its way on his lips as he locked his phone and closed his eyes, remembering all the happy memories he made with his friends back in high school.

He sure missed it a lot.

Right after graduation, Jay had to go to America to help his father with one of their company branches in Seattle. Leaving his friends and everything behind, he went abroad and focused on becoming a better person and not a disappointment to his father.

And he did a great job. Their company in Seattle was a success, but one of their company branches in Busan had some issues so he decided to come back to Korea.

Now that he's back, all the memories he made rushed through his mind as he walked out to the arrival terminal.

Looking at all these people waiting for their loved ones to arrive, Jay felt a little sad since no one was waiting for him.

He imagined his friends waiting for him with wide smiles on their faces before they rush to his side and hug him tightly, welcoming him back home. But it wasn't their fault they didn't come. No one knew that he was coming back.

Jay was a coward and ended up hurting everyone. He made Y/N and Areum hate him and his friends and after that, he just left.

So why would they welcome him? He didn't deserve it.

With a sad smile, he sighed heavily before making his way out of the airport and back to his house in Busan. He was physically and mentally tired and just wanted to rest, to close his eyes and forget everything.

. . .

The next morning, Jay woke up to his phone ringing. Without looking at who it was, he placed the phone next to his ear as he answered in his raspy morning voice.

"Hello?"

"So you haven't changed your phone number."

Jay furrowed his eyes as the voice from the other line was so familiar. Slowly opening his eyes and sitting up, his fingers went through his messy hair as he widened his eyes.

"Sunghoon...? Why are you-"

"When were you going to tell us that you came back from America?" Sunghoon asked with a slightly angry tone.

"How did you know?" Jay said and scratched the back of his neck, confused.

"Your father called me this morning. When did you arrive?"

"Yesterday," Jay said and he could hear Sunghoon sigh in the other line.

"You could have just told us! We would have waited for you in the airport!" He slightly shouted, making Jay sigh and close his eyes. "This won't do, let's meet. I'll tell the others and we'll come to see you."

Jay sighed before placing his phone on the bed as Sunghoon hung up. Slowly getting out of bed, he made his way to the kitchen before he filled a glass of water and sat down, staring at his empty apartment.

Maybe by now, if he wasn't afraid that he'd hurt people again, he would have made a family. He would have loved again and had a happy life but because of his fear, he ended up living alone.

Or was it because he never moved on from the girl he used to love?

Because whenever he thought about making a family, Y/N appeared in his mind and he couldn't think about anything other than her. He even tried dating other girls but could never get her image out of his mind.