28 - Fake Happiness

"You're still up?" Areum asked as Y/N stood next to her on the balcony. Everyone was asleep except for both of them, each one having too many thoughts on her mind to just fall asleep peacefully.

"I can't sleep," Y/N said along with a heavy sigh. "What about you?"

"Me too." Areum smiled weakly before looking at her friend. "I can't sleep knowing that you're not okay."

"Oh... I'm okay, I just have a lot in mind." Y/N said and looked up at the stars that shone brightly in the dark sky.

"Is it about Jay?" Areum asked, making Y/N turn to her with widened eyes.

"How did you-"

"How did I know?" She smiled before she looked at her. "It's because of your eyes, they look so sad... just like every time you think about him."

Y/N stared at her in shock as Areum turned to the sky and closed her eyes, enjoying the cold fresh air.

Smiling weakly, she nods. "That's... right." She said and sighed. "It's about him but this time it's different..."

Areum opened her eyes slowly and turned to Y/N, looking at her in confusion.

Taking a deep breath, Y/N looked at her with eyes brimming with tears. "I met them... Jay and the boys-" Y/N closed her eyes, shaking her head slightly. "They're not boys anymore-"

"What?" Areum widened her eyes and furrowed her eyebrows. "You met them? Where did you no- when did you meet them?"

"Today. When I went to meet Junseok." Y/N said as she remembered how they kept staring at her. "As I was waiting for him, they showed up in front of the building where Junseok works, and then... Jay came too."

"What happened...?"

"Nothing. We just kept staring at each other without saying a single word... and then Junseok showed up. It turns out Jay is his boss." Y/N said and looked at Areum who blinked several times, trying to understand what happened.

"So? What's going to happen...?"

There was a disturbing silence before Y/N decided to tell her friend the truth. "I was scared that he might know about Hana and... I don't know what could happen. So I asked Junseok to pretend that he's Hana's father." She said in one breath and Areum's jaw dropped.

"Are you crazy...?"

"I know it's crazy but I would do anything if it means I'm protecting my child... I don't want her to get hurt because of her father..."

"Y/N this is..." Areum sighed and grabbed Y/N by her shoulders, staring right into her eyes. "I hope you know what you're doing, Y/N. Things won't be good if Jay knows-"

"He won't," Y/N said and shook her head. "If we keep it a secret, no one would know."

Areum looked at Y/N's desperate eyes, knowing very well that nothing could stop her.

   . . .

It was afternoon when Y/N and her daughter started getting ready to go out.

Junseok had called her and asked if they could meet together along with Hana, wanting to spend time with the little girl and her mother. Y/N accepted, thinking it was a nice idea to let him meet with Hana since he was now her father.

The two wore pretty dresses and styled their hair nicely as Hana smiled and hugged her mother. "Mommy looks beautiful," she said, making Y/N smile warmly at her.

"And my little girl looks so pretty," she softly squeezed her cheeks before kissing her. "It's time to go now, are you excited to see uncle Junseok?"

"Yes!" Hana bounced in the room happily and Y/N felt relieved that she liked him.

"It's going to be just fine." She whispered as they made their way out of the house. No one was home; Y/N's grandmother was out buying groceries and Areum was in her flower shop.

Junseok was about to get out of work so they decided to meet at the park next to where he was working.

Making their way to the park, Hana played with her dress as everyone that passed by them smiled at her or called her 'cute'. Y/N was happy to see her daughter having fun, and that's all that mattered to her.

As they reached the park, she placed their belongings on the grass and started preparing for their little picnic along with Hana's help. Y/N sat down when her phone started ringing. Seeing Junseok's name appear, a smile crept on her lips.

"Where are you?" She asked as she looked at her surroundings. "Oh... there you are." Y/N placed her phone down as she waved at him, making him smile widely.

Oh, how happy he was.

"Am I late?" Junseok asked as he scratched the back of his neck, a hand hidden behind his back.

"No, we just arrived too." She smiled at him.

"Great," he said and cleared his throat. "This is for you..." Revealing what he was hiding, Y/N's eyes widened as Junseok's ears turned a soft red.

"It's so beautiful..." Y/N grabbed the bouquet of flowers as she smiled warmly at him, not realizing that she was blushing.

"I thought if we're going to do this... we should at least do it properly." He said and looked away in embarrassment.

"Thank you, Junseok." It took him by surprise. As he turned to look at her, she was smiling and she looked so beautiful that Junseok didn't know how he survived.

If it means it's going to make her smile like this, then he won't mind having his heart broken at all.

"Hana!" Y/N called her daughter who was busy running and playing around. "Junseok is here!"

The little girl looked at her mother before she noticed Junseok and her eyes shone brightly as she ran to him.

Picking her up in his arms, he stroked her hair and smiled. "Hi, Hana!" He squeezed her cheek, making her chuckle. "Why do you look so cute today?"

Hana smiled and pointed at her mother. "Mommy looks pretty too!" She said and Y/N smiled.

"Yes, she's indeed so beautiful," Junseok said and Y/N's eyes widened before she smiled and faked a glare at her daughter.

"Let's run! Mommy is going to catch us!" He said as he started running away with Hana giggling in his arms. Y/N laughed and found herself running after them as Hana's giggles got louder.

They looked so happy and people looked at them with smiles on their faces, envying the sweet and joyful family.

Except for that one person whose eyes were full of tears as he looked at the love of his life, heartbroken.

A/N: </3