33 - Sorry, I Was Wrong

Closing her eyes and feeling the cold breeze play with her hair, Y/N sighed heavily as thoughts roamed inside her head.

Jay's expression from earlier couldn't leave her mind. It seemed like he was sad and heartbroken, but why? How did he manage to seem like the victim after all the things he did to her?

Y/N sat at the beach as she watched the strong waves and their rolling and crashing. It seemed like the ocean was angry and frustrated, just like her. Nothing made sense and she couldn't understand anything anymore.

Slightly shivering, she hugged herself when a jacket was placed on her shoulders. Y/N turned around only to see Junseok softly smiling at her.

"You're going to catch a cold," he said before sitting down next to her.

"Oh, thank you," she smiled at him before she looked away and stared at people walking back and forth on the beach, trying her best not to let him see her red eyes.

"How was work?" She asked, still not looking at him.

Junseok sighed and grabbed Y/N's shoulder before he turned her to him. Her eyes widened and she tried to look away when he gently grabbed her chin and let her face him.

"You've been crying," He whispered.

"I- no, I'm just uhm- cold," Y/N said, brushing it off, but Junseok wasn't letting her go this easily.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked, his tone holding a mix of disappointment and hurt.

"What...?"

"Someone is stalking you?" He said and Y/N's eyes widened as her heart skipped a beat.

"How did you know?" She asked and Junseok smiled sadly.

"So it's true..." He said before looking at her. "Mr. Park told me."

"Jay?" His name rolled out of her lips as she slightly furrowed her eyebrows. "Why did he tell you...?"

"I was about to get off work when he walked in the office and called me. I thought it was work-related but then he started talking about you." He said and Y/N listened as she stared at him, confused.

"He said that apparently someone was stalking you and told me to keep you safe." Junseok chuckled to himself and shook his head. "I could tell he was so worried about you... he kept on telling me to be careful and to take care of you."

"But why... I thought he-" Y/N looked down, not understanding a thing. "I thought he was the one stalking me..."

"What?" Junseok looked at her with a questioning look before she turned to him.

"He was following me one day and I thought... I even met him earlier and told him to stop stalking me-"

"So that's why he looked so sad." Junseok nodded to himself as Y/N just stared at him in confusion. "His eyes looked so empty yet they held so much sadness and pain. He was heartbroken."

At Junseok's words, Y/N couldn't stop herself from remembering Jay's tears and all the hurtful things she said to him. Was she really wrong?

"I don't know much about him but... he's not a bad person. Everyone at work likes and respects him because he's so kind and humble. I'd never believe he'd stalk anyone. Especially you, Y/N."

He looked at her and smiled sadly. "Because I realized... he cares about you a lot."

What Junseok said made her heart ache. Everything she did was wrong and she ended up hurting him when he did nothing.

Y/N felt extremely guilty and she couldn't help but hate herself for what she did.

"I have to apologize..." Standing up, she took off the jacket on her shoulders and gave it back to Junseok as a little smile found its way on her lips.

"Would I find him if I run to your workplace?" She asked and her heart kept on beating faster.

"You can try." Junseok faked a smile as he stared back at her, but sadness killed him inside.

"Thank you, Junseok," Y/N said before she took a deep breath and started running, hoping she could still meet Jay and apologize.

How did she mess up this way...?

Finally standing across from the building, she panted heavily and was about to cross the street when she spots him standing on the other side, head low. He looked so lifeless and sad and guilt killed her.

"Jay!" Y/N called out loud in between the loud noise of the city, making him raise his head so quickly. He started looking around him, thinking that perhaps he was imagining things, but when his eyes landed on her, he knew it was real.

Cars stopped and people started walking back and forth while Y/N and Jay just stared at each other in a daze. His heart skipped a beat when she started walking toward him with slow steps.

But when she was about to reach his side, lights suddenly were on her as a car started heading toward her at full speed.

Everything around them but the car stopped as a gasp left Jay's lips, his eyes widening. Not caring about anything, he started running toward her.

"Y/N!" He shouted.

But Y/N didn't move from her place. And as her eyes brimmed with tears, she mouthed the words;

I'm sorry.