45 - Worried To Death

Three days had passed and Jay didn't talk to Y/N nor called her. It was as if he disappeared since she didn't hear any news about him. 

I don't want to see you anymore...

His words still played on her mind as she pulled the blanket closer to her and closed her eyes, hugging her daughter as they both lied on their bed.

Everything that happened was because of her and she hated herself for it. She knew she deserved what was happening to her, however, Hana didn't deserve her father leaving her like that.

But again, he must be feeling so bad. He was lied to about his own daughter. He played with her and even bought gifts on her birthday without knowing that he was her father. And that must have hurt him a lot.

Y/N knew better than anyone how much it hurt to be deceived by the person you love the most, but she still lied to him and hurt him like that.

She sighed and looked at her sleeping daughter before she stroked her hair, softly. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry for everything." 

The tears fell down her cheeks before they landed on her pillow, wetting it with guilt and regret. Wiping her cheeks, she slowly got up and quietly made her way out of the room.

It was afternoon and the house was so quiet. She walked downstairs before she spotted her grandmother in the living room. 

"Y/N?" Y/N's grandmother called when she saw her heading towards her. "Are you okay?" She asked, too worried about her granddaughter who didn't leave her room for days.

Y/N nodded with a weak smile, but tears welled up in her eyes and she ended up sobbing in her grandmother's arms.

"It's okay, sweetheart. You can cry all you want." Y/N's grandmother said as she softly stroked her hair, whispering comforting words to her granddaughter.

"It's all b-because of me-" She said when she choked on her sobs. "I wanted to p-protect Hana and make her happy... but I ended up keeping her away from her father and it seems- it seems that I'm making her unhappy..." 

Her grandmother closed her eyes as she listened to her cries, feeling her heart ache. "Mothers tend to do anything to protect their children..." She said and smiled sadly. "You did it for Hana's sake."

"But I-"

"I'm sure that Hana would want her father not to know about her rather than... knowing she exists but not wanting her." She said, making Y/N look at her with eyes full of tears.

"But I ended up hurting him..." 

"Yeah, he must be feeling so bad now... After all, he spent five years not aware of the fact that he was a father." She slowly nodded and sighed. "But I'm sure he will understand, you were so young and were afraid..."

Y/N lowered her head and closed her eyes as she remembered everything that happened after giving birth to Hana. 

Being a single mother was never easy, however, she was brave enough to raise her daughter on her own and never complain about it.

Just when she was about to speak again, her phone started ringing which made her furrow her eyebrows at the unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Can we meet for a moment?" 

   . . .

 Y/N rushed to the café nearby her house where he was waiting for her. Looking everywhere around her, she spotted him sitting there alone before she made her way to him.

"You're here." He said before ushering her to sit in front of him. "I'm sorry for calling you so suddenly... you must have a lot in mind after everything that happened." He said and stared at her as she slowly nodded and lowered her head.