40.

"Even when the night changes, it will never change, me and you."
***

Two months later;

Two months later;

"Gianna. Gianna, wake up." A voice whispers, shaking me and I groan at the interruption of my sleep.

I roll onto my side, black hair matted onto the side of my face and look up at a blurry Celine. I rubbed my eyes with the palm of my hand until she came into focus.

"Is the building on fire?" I asked, my voice still groggy.

"What? No."

"Is someone dead?"

"No." she frowns.

"Then why are you waking me up so early on a Saturday morning?" I groaned, shoving a pillow over my head to block out the blaring sunlight.

"Because, bitch, it's not every day you turn nineteen. Get your ass up."

I sat up abruptly, my loose curls from the half-assed braid I put in my hair last night fell haphazardly over my shoulders. I grabbed my phone from its place on my nightstand and took note of the date. Sure enough, it was my birthday.

"Shit, you're right. It completely slipped my mind."

I scrolled through a few messages, one from my dad and a few from three of my other friends. Which I was totally fine with, who has time and mental capacity for more than three friends anyway.

"Happy Birthday my little homewrecker!" Celine suddenly yelled, from her new place at the edge of my bed.

"Homewreck-"

"Look I baked you a cupcake!"

I let the homewrecker comment go, for now, to stare at the goopy sludge on a plate that held on single unlit candle that looked like it was about to topple over.

"What is that?" I asked, grimacing at the sight.

Her smile dropped. "A cupcake."

"No. no it isn't. What is that." I asked again.

"I just told you—hanging out with your elderly boyfriend has made you senile. It's a cupcake."

"Okay first of all, I'm going to let that go because it's too early for violence and secondly, emphasizing the word cupcake isn't going to turn whatever that is." I pointed at the mess with a raised eyebrow. "Into one."

She gasps, "You are such an asshole, if you won't eat it I will."

I smirked and nodded, forcing her to go along with what she said and placing the sludge into her mouth, chewing for two seconds before she gagged and swallowed it down forcefully. "Tastes good?" I asked.