10.

"Tell me who I am, guess I don't have a choice. All because I liked a boy"

***

"He just ignored you? Didn't even say anything after?" she gasped

I nodded and took a sip of the cocktail in front of me. After the awkward happenings at the Moritello house, I came straight home and told Celine all about it. She instantly suggested we make some drinks and that's what we were doing at the moment.

"Are you okay?" she asked attentively.

I sighed and placed the drink down, staring at the chipped silver nail polish on my finger nails. "I guess so, I didn't expect him to welcome the situation openly. Also, his wife was right there." She smiled softly.

"Doesn't make it hurt any less." I shrugged and looked away from her sympathetic smile. I wasn't at all heartbroken, but it stung. I didn't want to admit how smitten I had become over Alex in just a short period of time.

I blamed it on how long it has been since I've enjoyed any sexual experience. That was definitely the only logical reason as to why I was acting so deprived.

Celine stood up and dusted the back of her skirt. I looked up at her in question and she spoke, "Come on, no more moping around, and let's go out."

"Where?" I asked skeptically, wanting to stay in my apartment all day and lounge around.

"We'll have a girl's day, it's been way too long. Also, don't think I don't notice how messy your nails look."

I groaned at her and she winked at me, walking off to freshen up, probably. Soon after, I followed suit, touching up my make-up.

The sound of my best friend's heels echoed across the room and she picked up her purse and keys.

"Ready to go?"

*
"Which colour should I go with? Pink or white?" she asked, placing a hand on her hip in thought.

We were currently sitting in one of the most well-known Spa's in our area. Deciding on what nail polish to choose, out of the vast variety of shades.

I looked up in the direction of all the fake nails and pondered on which colour would suit her better.

"Definitely go with the nude pink- it'll match with your skin tone more."

She snapped her fingers and looked at me in thanks. "Total lifesaver, I would have been here forever. What are you choosing?"

I adjusted the cucumber slice over my eyes once more and sighed in content at the relaxing feeling of my feet sitting in a tub of warm water.

"Rose gold." She hummed in agreement and I felt her sit next to me and heard the water splash from her feet matching the place where mine were.

Celine was right. This was definitely needed.