4.

"Drunk girls in bathrooms are the most empowering and supportive people. We should all be more like drunk girls in bathrooms."

***

(SA TW)

"You're going

"You're going."

"Nope. I'm staying right here." I told her, attempting to shut my door in Celine's face but she caught it just in time, following me into my room.

"You're going." It was more of a demand than anything else and I instinctively rolled my eyes at how annoying her persistence could be.

"Celine. If I'm 'going' to do anything-its slap you." I said, flopping down onto my bed with a loud sigh. She'd never drop this and a nagging feeling in my chest told me I'd end up giving in just to shut her up.

"Oh come on." She dragged. "It's JJ's birthday- you have to go." Almost like clockwork—she brought out the puppy dog eyes and pouted bottom lip, shaking it slightly for dramatic effect but I shut my eyes tightly and looked away.

"you know how I feel about Jackson, Celine." Which was true, due to his many attempts to seduce both Celine and I in front of each other and his suggestion of a threesome, which by the way—I had declined many times. I had grown a certain distaste to the boy I had known through-out high school.

"It's one night Gianna. One night, and we'll only be there for four hours; five tops."

"I hate being around him. I don't want to have to pepper spray him again because he tried to kiss me." I said. Cringing at the tenth grade memory. "Do you know how violating that was?"

"He said he was sorry!" she defended, throwing her hands up into the air with an exasperated sigh as if she had given up on me altogether.

"How about the time he tried to hit on my dad. In front of me." I gave her a pointed look and knew she wouldn't be able to defend him this time.

"I mean- your dad is kinda hot. I'd do the same thing." I fake gagged at her, causing laughter to erupt from her lips. "Plus he was drunk. Your mom gave us wine for the first time remember."

"That was grape juice."

"Okay, this is my last resort. I promise if you come with me tonight, I'll wash the dishes for the whole week."

"The whole week?" I asked, intrigued. I hated doing the dishes.

"Yes. Everyday." She promised.

"Why are you so interested in going anyway? I thought you hated him." I asked, twirling a loose piece of fabric between my fingers. She pulled up her hair into a tight ponytail and flopped down next to me with an excited grin on her face.

"Gives me an opportunity to get laid after months." She stated as if it was the most obvious thing on the planet. "And besides, we haven't done anything fun in ages. Think of it as a way of celebrating your job today."