18.

"You take Wednesday, Thursday, then just send him my way."
-

"We've been here for hours Gi, you can't tell me you haven't found a dress yet

"We've been here for hours Gi, you can't tell me you haven't found a dress yet." I ignored my best friend's remark and let the silky material of a long blue ball gown fall through my fingers. It was breath taking, but not exactly what I was looking for.

"I fell back onto the nearest seat and let out a loud sigh. "Maybe I just shouldn't go." Celine rolled her eyes and sat next to me, turning my shoulders towards her. "That's not an option, we'll find you a dress. But can we please go get some food."

"We have seven hours before I have to see him, no time for lunch breaks." I grasped her hand and dragged a whining woman out of this store and into the next.

I hated to admit, but I was slightly nervous for what the evening might hold. Alex and I had never been anywhere alone. Did he consider this a date? I decided I wouldn't bring it up, to save myself the embarrassment.

The two of us have been at this mall since early, I've been in and out of several shops and tried about thirteen different dresses, but nothing was as eye catching as I hoped.

"This is the last store then we're going to eat. And if you dare disagree, I'll throw a tantrum in front of everyone." I nodded in her direction as we sifted through the fancy and expensive ball gowns inside 'Royal boutique' they have to have something for me here.

"Oh, how about this." I swiveled in her direction and came face to face with a beautiful satin gown, rose gold accents covered the lengthy material. It was stunning and ticked all the boxes.

"I love that!" I squealed, taking it out of Celine's hands. "Let me go try it on."

Without waiting for a reply, I scurried into the nearest dressing room and put on the dress as fast as I could, hoping it looked as good on me, as it looked off. I was happy with the final product. Adoring the way the luxurious material clung to my curves. The dress was very flattering, it complimented my skin tone perfectly and I could see myself wearing this tonight.

With one final look at my reflection, I opened the door and existed the room. Within seconds, Celine came rushing to me, gushing over the ethereal gown. "holy shit. I think I might cry. You look gorgeous." I smiled at her, "I love it. I think this is the one."

"Well then let's go pay for it so we can finally get out of here." She shooed me back into the dressing room to change back into my normal clothes. Once I was done, I picked up the dress and held it against me once more and grinned happily. The two of us walked to checkout to pay for the dress, relieved that we could go get some food after the long day. I didn't need to check the price tag, I knew I wanted this one no matter what. As I was reaching for my card, a lady who I presumed to be the manager came up from behind me.