13.

"And when her halo broke, She carved the two pieces into horns"

***

 I dropped the last bit of my laundry in the basket and let out a breath

I dropped the last bit of my laundry in the basket and let out a breath. Placing one hand on my hip and using the other to wipe the small beads of sweat that had formed on my forehead.

I strode back into my room and fell face down onto my bed. Letting out a huff of annoyance which was muffled by my bedding.

Today was going to be a terrible day, I can already tell.

I got up and placed the soft material of my satin gown over my body, sliding on my fluffy slippers and walking down the stairs. The quiet irked me, usually I'd be met with the sight of my best friend at the kitchen table or laying on the couch, but today I was alone.

I took out my phone and stared at my recent text messages. Sighing in relief when I read over Celine's text.

Went out for a run, brb in an hour. Will pick up breakfast 4u to cheer you up.

I sent back a quick reply and smiled, lazily grabbing the now hot water and pouring myself a strong cup of coffee. I'll definitely be needing this for the day.

My feet dragged against the tiled floor as I sluggishly walked towards the television. I stared at my reflection in the mirror and winced at what I saw.

A nest of hair sat on top of my head, strands falling down the sides wildly. My eyes had visible bags underneath them and I noticed a hint of mascara still lingering around my eyelids.

By the time I finished scrutinizing myself, the front door opened and in walked Celine holding a bag of aromatic breakfast foods in one hand, and her keys in the other.

She smiled at me and rushed over, setting the bag down and lightly pecking my cheek. "I'm gonna go shower and I'll be back to eat with you okay?" I nodded silently and she ran up the stairs.

I opened my phone once more and looked through the rest of my texts, noticing one from Sarah and rolling my eyes at the words displayed on the screen.

Thanks for accepting our offer! Can't wait 2 c u!

I ignored the text, not bothering to reply. My mind went back to the other night I had dinner with Alex and his family. The night continued with the man shooting daggers into the back of my head after he returned from the restroom. As the time approached for me to leave, Sarah offered me a full time job. Which definitely surprised me, I selfishly assumed she felt intimidated by me. But I guess she has no reason too. A beautiful matured woman has more to offer than I do.

I laughed silently and shook my head.

Who am I kidding? Her husband is wrapped around my perfectly manicured fingers. Sarah Moritello has nothing on me.