CHAPTER | 19

| PRESENT |

| PRESENT |

JUNE 30th, 2014

Janis went back to the precinct before anyone and summed into the case she and Carisi were working on. She watched security cameras videos, read twenty times the statement their victim and other witness gave them, checked the victim's and closest friends' social media, and came to the conclusion that she didn't say everything.

An hour had passed when her mind started to replay what happened in the courthouse.

Janis knew she couldn't be mad at Nick for dating someone else after they broke up, and the truth was that that wasn't the reason why she was that upset.

When Nick said that he was captivated the first time he saw her, she felt special. Even though it was embarrassing, Janis didn't care about being exposed in front of everyone, that was something they would eventually know, but, she was sure that they wouldn't be in that situation if Nick had said he had another relationship while undercover.

Janis really meant what she told him about Maria and his MO. If he had been honest about that, maybe she wouldn't be that confused and her trust in Nick wouldn't be broken.

"Hey!" Janis looked to her left and saw Carisi walking in with the captain and Munch. She stood up and grabbed her notebook.

"Carisi, good you're here..." She said "We need to go to Mercy now" She urgently said, grabbing his arm and pulling him to the exit when the rest of the unit appeared behind them, but the captain interrupted.

"Janis, I need to talk to you," he said, raising his voice to be heard correctly.

"Sorry, Captain but we need to talk to our victim 'cause she didn't tell us the whole story..." She said, thinking she could get away from an embarrassing talk.

"It's an order, detective"

Janis stopped her way out and looked at the captain. When he pointed the way to his office, she couldn't do more than handing Carisi her notebook and walking towards the direction her boss was indicating.

For a moment she thought Cragen was going to call Nick too, but when he closed the door behind him, she knew he only wanted to talk to her.

Janis knew what he wanted to talk about, so she rushed to say: "Before you say anything I want to say that I didn't tell you that Nick and I dated because—"

"I don't care, Janis" he interrupted her and that was the moment when she looked up at him "I already told Nick that I don't care who you're dating or who you dated in the past, but I didn't want to talk about that" he continued, walking towards his chair "I called Dr. Charles, he's gonna talk to you later. Now, go home and take the day"

"I have work to do—"

"Amanda will work with Carisi on the case" Captain Cragen said and Janis frowned.