CHAPTER | 02

"Sexual tension"

"Sexual tension"

| NINE YEARS AND EIGHT MONTHS EARLIER |

JUNE 05th, 2004

"Come in!"

Janis opened up the door and the first thing she saw, was all the mess in the living room but instead of judging, she just laughed. He worked too much but she had never heard him complain. Maybe he was thankful for the fact the post office gave him the chance to prove he could do the job.

"I'm in my room" She heard his voice, so she left her backpack on the couch and headed to his bedroom which wasn't messy like the living room.

"What are you doing?" Janis asked him when she saw his bathroom door opened. Then, she gasped when she took a look inside the room "But... what happened to you?"

"Oh, I just shaved, mi amor," he said as he finished washing his face, but Janis walked to him because she didn't mean the absence of his beard.

He took a towel and cleaned his face.

"I meant that wound on your eyebrow," She said, taking the towel from his hands to see his face. There was a small wound close to his eyebrow and a bruise in his cheekbone.

"It's nothing, don't worry" he smiled and leaned to press his lips against hers "I just hit myself with the truck's door" he smiled again and softly caressed her arm.

"Twice?" She asked, 'cause she was sure that couldn't happen with just one hit.

"I'm fine, I swear" He insisted, so Janis just half-smiled and nodded.

She took her hands to his cheeks to feel the soft skin the beard always hid "Why did you shave?" She asked, looking the now exposed skin.

"You don't like it?" he raised one of his eyebrows, the one that wasn't hurt.

"Actually, I do. It's just that... you look like a baby" Janis said looking up at his eyes.

He chuckled "Said the youngest in this relationship" he teased.

"Just for five years, shut up" Janis complained hitting gently his shoulder with her fist. He laughed and wrapped his arms on her waist, pulling her against his body.

"I love you, niñita," he said and then kissed her forehead.

"I love you too, old man"