CHAPTER | 04

"It's all about experience"

| PRESENT |

MARCH 01st, 2014

Janis turned off her computer and started to pick up her things. That had been the longest day since she started to work in New York and she was really happy that finally came to its end, but when she was about to head to the elevator, Rollins stopped her.

"Hey, we're coming for a few drinks, wanna come?" She asked with a kind smile and when Janis was about to decline her invitation, she added: "C'mon, you look stressed"

Janis smiled remembering her nights after work in Chicago, they used to go to Molly's and they just forgot about everything going on in the office. It was nice to have those nights with her friends, so she just nodded hoping that night out would help her to relax.

Once they were there, they talked about everything. Amanda shared a few stories about her time working in Atlanta, Carisi said how it was growing up with three sisters and made them laugh in several moments, then, he told them about a girl at high school who ignored him for a boy a couple of years older.

"Why women always like older men?" He asked completely offended and  drank more of his beer while Amanda and Janis laughed.

"For the exact same reason men feel the necessity to protect women" Janis responded, raising one of her blond eyebrows "Nature"

"You're not telling us you haven't dated a younger woman, are you?" Rollins asked him and then, they all turned to him. Carisi looked up as if he was trying to remember and then he made a gesture that made them know that he had "Amaro?"

"What?" He asked, a bit surprised for that question "What do you mean with younger? Days, months? I once dated a girl who was two days younger than me" he said trying to look smart for his answer.

"I'm talking about years, two or more" Amanda stated, rolling her eyes at his answer.

Nick thought about it, but in the end, he nodded.

"Yeah, five years and a couple of months younger"

Amanda whistled and Janis looked at him for a couple of seconds as they laughed for her reaction.

"Turned out good?" Carisi asked and suddenly, Janis didn't know if she wanted to know what Nick had to say about it.

"By good, you mean hard to get over? Yes. She was amazing, what could I do?"

Janis looked away when he was about to turn to her, but she felt his intense gaze on her and tried hard not to blush 'cause she knew that girl he was talking about, it was her.

"And you, Janis?" Amanda asked her and Janis would prefer not to answer but all their eyes were on her and she knew there was no way she could get away with no answering that question "Have you dated someone younger or older?"