CHAPTER | 13

| NINE YEARS EARLIER |

APRIL 30th, 2005

Janis was walking through the parking lot for the second time in the day. The good thing was that she was on her way to her car because she was free of school for the weekend. While she was walking, she didn't remember when was the last time she felt that tired. There were even times when she thought of leaving college, there were times when she thought she was not going to be able to graduate.

But then, Janis looked up and all her fatigue vanished away when she saw him leaned in her car. She smiled at the moment she saw him and giggled when he let her see a beautiful pink bouquet of roses. She ran to him and he saved the flowers just in time before she got to hug him tightly. He hugged her back while she was hiding her face on his chest to breathe his scent 'cause for a moment she was still thinking it was just a dream.

"I missed you so much," Janis said, looking up at him and proving herself again how much she loved the height difference between them, "You said you were coming back 'till next week"

"I couldn't miss your birthday, right?"

She smiled and stood on her tiptoes, he understood what she was trying to do, so he leaned and kissed her. Janis placed her arms around his neck just to deepened the kiss and she was feeling so great that she didn't want to pull apart.

"Get a room!"

They got apart and when she saw who screamed, she laughed and showed her middle finger to Tanya. Janis didn't have a lot of friends, but she was one of the best she had.

"We should follow her advice," Janis said, arching an eyebrow and turning to him. He laughed and handed her the bouquet. "I mean; it's been a month but it felt like a lifetime"

He laughed again.

"Oh, believe me, I can't wait either but we'll have to..." he said smiling at her pout "First, I'll take you to dinner and then..." he leaned to her ear and she giggled because his beard tickled her "I'll make you the love like never before and I'm just warning you, it's been a month so I have a lot of energy"

"I like how that sounds" she whispered when his lips landed on her neck.