PROLOGUE

"Under Cover"

"Under Cover"

JANUARY 02th, 2002

The band in her eyes was getting tighter and tighter, her back was hurting for the uncomfortable position in which she was. She had her phone in her hand when someone grabbed her arms and covered her mouth to pulled her inside a truck. Her phone fell out of her hands, but the thing that kept her calmed is that she could press the name of her father so he would know something was  wrong.

After what it seemed like twenty minutes, the truck stopped. She could hear two men going out of it and then, she felt someone grabbing her ankle, so she threw the first kick.

Janis heard three different male voices, only one of them seemed familiar.

"Here's your slut," the one who got her off the truck said, taking the band off of her eyes, "You thought you were gonna drug him and go away with his money?"

"I don't know what you're talking about" Janis responded as calm as she could and with her face up, looking at his eyes.

The men in front of her seemed to be Latin-Americans and she only recognized one of them. Janis had helped his father 'cause they needed a young woman to place some microphones in that place, so, she pretended to be a prostitute, drugged "her client" and did the job that would give her points once she decided to join the CPD.

It wasn't the first time she does something like that, but it was the first time it went that bad. She still didn't know how they found her.

"He paid you for an hour, and he didn't get anything in return, sweetheart. So, I want you to open those pretty legs of yours right now"

"And what else do you want? A unicorn?" Janis chuckled "That's not gonna happen, dude"

"I didn't ask" The man grabbed her chin and when he was about to touch her waist to pull her closer, she kicked him in the crotch, making everyone gasp.

"And I said: it's not gonna happen" she responded as the man was in the floor, but soon, another man grabbed her arms, putting them in her back and it didn't matter how much she tried, she couldn't get rid of his grip once he pulled her by the hair.

The one she kicked, got up after a few seconds, and aimed a gun at her forehead. The man laughed when he saw the fear in her eyes "Kneel" he roared, but she didn't move nor took her eyes off of his.

"Shoot" Janis dared and she knew her father would give her hell if he had listened to her.

But he didn't shoot, instead, he hit her with the butt of the gun.

Janis felt blood in her right eyebrow, but at the moment, she couldn't feel any pain for the situation she was in. The same man took her arm and pushed her into a room "This one's yours," he said to a younger man.