ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1: ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪꜱᴄᴏᴠᴇʀʏ

(All scenes will be in Moira's POV unless I type something different above.)

"Life can change, as sudden as the wind."

Moira learns that nothing lasts forever.

______________________________________________________________

The footsteps echoed through the halls. Each step bringing forth a heavier weight. A burden that was not meant to be carried by one so young. I continued forward towards the council chambers. I couldn't help but let my thoughts wander back to the mission I had just returned from...

Flashback:

I was on a mission with my Master, Ima-Gun Di, to provide support for the citizens of Ryloth. I was currently in a briefing room in a carved out cave that contained a command center with a holo-projector. My Master had just returned from the battlefield.

"Moira, the right flank has completely collapsed. We are going to provide a distraction to help the Twi'leks escape with their families over the mountain."

I nodded in understanding. "Understood Master, I will go inform the men." I was about to take off, but stopped when I heard my master call for me. "Not you Moira. You will be going with the Twi'leks and taking the emergency shuttle that will transport you to Coruscant, where it will be safe."

I stared at him in shock. My eyes wide. "But Master, what about you?"

He looked at me seriously and then sighed. " I will be providing a distraction with Captain Keeli. We will hold them off as long as we can."

I started to protest. "No Master, please let me come with you. I am more than capable of holding my own."

Master Di locked eyes with me. I could see the pain swirling in his eyes. To most it would just seem like he was just staring at me, but I knew my master better than that. There was a twinkle of sadness that swirled around his iris. A sudden grief filled the atmosphere.

"You are talented, young one, but this is not your fight. You are meant for something more. And because of that, I cannot risk your safety for this dangerous task."

I gazed into his eyes, revealing the horror and slight resentment I had towards this plan.

I opened my mouth to protest again. "Master I...:"

"Enough!" he said sternly. "Those are my orders, Padawan. It would do you well to remember your place." His voice rising in volume.

In the three years of working with my Master, he had never yelled at me, except to give orders on the battlefield. I flinched slightly at his words as I lowered my eyes. "Yes, Master."

His gaze softened slightly as he saw me flinch. I then felt him walk a few steps closer to me.

"Moira, I have seen you do many great things and I know you will continue to do so. Trust your Master." He said as he sent comforting waves through our bond. He then put his hand on my shoulder which caused me to look up at him.

" I wanted to give this to you when you became a Knight, but I think now is the best time."

He reached into his robe and pulled out a flat metallic object. He then gently grabbed my hand and placed it in my palm. I noticed the object had the faint shape of a human on it, with wings. The human appeared to be wearing a dress made out of flowers, with red and green gems acting as the buds. I looked at it in shock, it was one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen.